Thinking Repainting My Zen - Suggestions Required

Thread Starter #1
My zen completed 8 years.I want to repaint it.
Can anyone tell me
1. Feasibility
2. Pros & cons of repainting
3. Cost
4. Good shops in pune for paint job
5. I don't want color change.

Mr.Surfer,I honestly don't know what is Feasibility !! But I will say you The Pros and Cons and the Cost.

Pros-
Car will look Brand new after a Paint Job
Structural Strength MAY Improve
While Repainting,It also reveals hidden Rust Spots which CAN turn into Big Nightmare

Cons-
You won't know which company from,is that Paint
You won't know the Quality of the Paint (Maybe-Made in China :biggrin: )-It will shine for a day or two and will start to peel off
Regular attention should be given to painting or you will find spots (Ofcourse-Unremovable) on the Surface

Cost-From Rs.7K to Rs.20K

Thank you

350Z

Core Team
Can anyone tell me
Firstly what’s the purpose for repainting? Just to make the car look new? Since color will be the same, you could consider exterior treatment from services like 3M which will offer decent results (depending upon the actual condition of paint) for a much cheaper price. Do upload some snaps of the car so that we can advice better.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Can anyone tell me
1. Feasibility
2. Pros & cons of repainting
3. Cost
4. Good shops in pune for paint job
5. I don't want color change.
1) Nothing is impossible
2) Pros:
- Better looking / new car look (May turn other way round, depends on the quality of product & process)
- Get the current dents / scratches healed
- Tinker any rust spots / weak spots
Cons:
- Car will lose re-sale value (from buyer's perspective a repainted vehicle may be an accident repair)
- Roll-back is impossible (incase if the final outcome is not of your liking)

3) around 25k (if there is no much tinkering involved and only for the exterior painting) it may go upwards of 50k for complete stripe down painting

Pros-
Structural Strength MAY Improve
How come? I hope we don't paint to a inch thick, it is always in microns

Cons-
You won't know which company from,is that Paint
Not exactly, get it done from a professional. Or get him the best brand you wish to use
You won't know the Quality of the Paint (Maybe-Made in China :biggrin: )-It will shine for a day or two and will start to peel off
Not all chinese are of low quality. You get for what you pay.

Cost-From Rs.7K to Rs.20K
7k for painting a car? [surprise] No comments
Just to make the car look new? Since color will be the same, you could consider exterior treatment from services like 3M which will offer decent results (depending upon the actual condition of paint) for a much cheaper price.
That's exactly my point too.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks all for valuable feedback

Firstly what’s the purpose for repainting? Just to make the car look new?
1. Lot of micro oil paint spots. (Tiny like sprinkled paint)
2. 1 cement spot (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...move-cement-dust-car-exterior.html#post141873)
3. Com paint DYI which is gone wrong completely
4. Tar marks at bottom
5. Lot of scratches.

Since color will be the same, you could consider exterior treatment from services like 3M which will offer decent results (depending upon the actual condition of paint) for a much cheaper price.
3M is not useful in my case.

Do upload some snaps of the car so that we can advice better.
Sure

Cons:
- Car will lose re-sale value (from buyer's perspective a repainted vehicle may be an accident repair)
I will never sell my Zen [glasses]

Does any one know good pint job shop in pune?

I just did a repaint on my Uno and the results were amazing (thread will be updated when I get home). Of course I changed the colour. If you're keeping the same colour it's much cheaper. And like 350Z has said please post photos.

I will never sell my Zen

Does any one know good pint job shop in pune?
If you are going to keep your Zen for a longer time please do proper re-paint job in hot-chamber / paint booth when your will get OEM finish. Remember seeing your Zen in VW meet.

Thread Starter #9
Why not get a grey color on your zen it would look classy, I will post a pic of a neatly painted zen.
Color change will require change in RC book.
But please post pic.

I just did a repaint on my Uno and the results were amazing (thread will be updated when I get home). Of course I changed the colour. If you're keeping the same colour it's much cheaper. And like 350Z has said please post photos.
Cool, please post asap

If you are going to keep your Zen for a longer time please do proper re-paint job in hot-chamber / paint booth when your will get OEM finish. Remember seeing your Zen in VW meet.
I can see lot of garages who can go paint jobs, but don't know their reliability.

Top Bottom