Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent: Technical Problems & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
As title mentioned, if you have any issues with Xcent VTVT or CRDi, you can discuss it over here, instead of opening several threads.

It can either be any issue or suggestions etc. Hope to see a lot of people replying....!

Re: Hyundai Xcent: Technical Problems & Solutions

Nice idea by furious_driver !! I would suggest to rename thread title to "Hyundai Xcent & Grand i10 : Technical problems & solutions", as grand i10 is also having similarities with Xcent so it will be helpful for both owners.

Thread Starter #3
^^ Nice idea combining both cars, cause apart from boot, there is nothing much in difference. :D

Will inform mods to change the title...

Today i have found a weird problem, while climbing in slope, i just stopped for a moment due to traffic and then put 1st gear from N, the gear wasn't put properly and i heard a thud sound like your whole gear assembly is gone. But then i tried again and it was smooth.

Is this because i didn't do it properly or does anyone face this kinda issue properly?

Last edited by a moderator:

Its because you didnt engaged the gear properly and is why you heard that thud kind of sound , always be sure to engage the gears properly with full clutch depressed else might damage your gearbox.

Thread Starter #5

Its because you didnt engaged the gear properly and is why you heard that thud kind of sound , always be sure to engage the gears properly with full clutch depressed else might damage your gearbox.
Oh, thanks. My heart was stopped for a moment. I am still getting used to the soft Xcent clutch against the hard Alto clutch. Will be more cautious from now on.

Thread Starter #6
Guys, any idea how can i get some useful information from MID? Why would i need to know my average speed in MID? That's pretty stupid move from Hyundai.

Guys, any idea how can i get some useful information from MID? Why would i need to know my average speed in MID? That's pretty stupid move from Hyundai.
Your are right furious_driver. The MID of Grand and Xcent both are useless as it shows information which one dosent require...i hope Hyundai should consider some update on this !

I would like to Petrol/Diesel owners head count. Can someone help with that? BTW Mine is Petrol. So 1 for petrol.
Sorry for being off-topic.
Couldn't understand how does this count help the thread intention.[roll] Counting your car as "1" is a Technical problem or a solution?[frustration]

Thread Starter #11
Well, the intention was to see which is topping the sales chart? if it is not appropriate, you can report it to admin. We can move this to someother thread.

Apart from this , I have observed most of the Grands and Xcents rear tyres are bent outwards i.e cambered. Is it like that in OEM design ?

Any idea, what will be the reserve petrol capacity? Means, petrol level while Fuel Indicator blinks on MID?
Nice question furious_driver !! Even i was also thinking about same from few days as my needle is approaching at empty sign and i have to do tank full to calculate mileage.

Top Bottom