Foaming in Radiator

Thread Starter #1
Today I took a look at the radiator coolant and raised engine to 3000rpm. And this is what I saw. Foaming coolant with brownish tint. Makes me think like head gasket is leaking.
What do you think? How much a head gasket repair costs for Alto/ WagonR F10D engine?
IMG_20140625_134724.jpg
IMG_20140625_134729.jpg
IMG_20140625_134751.jpg

Oh man, it looks really bad!

You are really in the need to go to an expert workshop!

I would suggest you to change the engine oil and coolant since they are bad!

-PaddleShifter.

I suspect the head gasket is damaged. Make sure to get it inspected as soon as possible. I would also suggest you to change the oil since if the gasket is leaking, the engine oil must have gone bad as well. Check the oil for any traces of water/coolant.
Moreover, I would suggest to avoid driving the car for long distance/hard till it is inspected by the service centre.

Surprisingly, engine oil is pristine. No issue at all. There is no oil over water in reservoir too.
Then I don't think so that head gasket is leaked.

Must be due to suddenly changing coolant color or might be due to low coolant capacity.

Or somebody might have mixed something with the radiator fluid.

-PaddleShifter

Yes. I am going to flush radiator and re-fill coolant and monitor.
If the problem still persists, go for a MASS such that the problem will be identified and solved.

Also, maintain the original coolant brand and color advised by the manufacturer.

-PaddleShifter

Thread Starter #10
Problem is now fixed. The issue, as I analysed was, bad coolant concentration along with minor corrosion in the cooling system. The system was flushed multiple times until clear water was seen. New coolant added keeping 40% concentration of the coolant. 1.6 liter of coolant added and rest water. So, 4 liter system contains 1.6 liter coolant =40%. One of the property of the coolant was mentioned as 'anit-foaming'. As there was lot of foaming, it means anti foaming chemicals were 'worn out'. Further, less concentration of the coolant means water would boil forming bubbles. The orange- brown colour was due to iron corrosion. Thanks all for your comments. There is no foam and no bubbles in the system any more.

Top Bottom