Volkswagen Vento Harsh Ride: Need Advice

Thread Starter #1
My 2011 Vento is running on Michelin Primacy LC, 195/60-R15. I bought this after the stock Apollo tyres packed up around 28000 kms. The tyre manufacturing date is 0412, which I think is fourth week of 2012. The car has clocked over 70000 kms now.

The current Michelin set has run over 42000 kms. The front tyre is in good shape, but the rear tyres have uneven wear, with the outer sides has worn out higher but still has some decent amount of tread pattern. This could be due to poor alignment or the way I drive, I like to hold my line on corners use as less brakes as possible. Due to the uneven tyre tread, I can feel grip levels are compromised on corners at speeds above 120 kph and I have little complaint below that.

My problem is, the tyres have become hard. I can feel all the small road imperfections. Since my driving/travel have been limited to only Vento, so I didn't realise. XUV's month long absence meant Vento taking the highway duties, and everyone complained about the harsh ride. I reduced the nitrogen air from 31PSI to 29PSI, it helped matters to some extent but still it is harsh. If we take the tyre life from manufacturing date, it is 2 years and 4 months old now and considering it is a Michelin I feel that it is not that old yet. Or is it because of the 42000 odd kms is too much for the Primacy LC that it became hard? Or is there something wrong with the suspension like worn out bush?

I couldn't figure out which is causing harsh ride. If my problem is related to the tyre, I have to get a new set. Suggest me a possible replacement.

Top Bottom