Where is Fiat Punto's ECU Located?

Thread Starter #1
hi guys,
just asking the question out of curiosity, heard about ecu remaps & all, so thought where would be the ecu located in punto mjd,

and if possible please upload the pics of ecu,

i also tried to find obd2 port under the right side of steering but couldn't anything, is there any cover over there that to be removed ?????

also in the threads there is words like EGT, EGR, what that stand for, ?? any thing related to exhaust gases ??

also did the ECU of other multijet like ritz,swift etc, will work in punto ?? are they interchangeable, ???

thanks in advance,

where would be the ecu located in punto mjd,
Here it is

GP.jpg

i also tried to find obd2 port under the right side of steering but couldn't anything, is there any cover over there that to be removed ?????
Open the Fuse Box cover to gain OBD port access

also in the threads there is words like EGT, EGR, what that stand for, ?? any thing related to exhaust gases ??
Is that EGT or FGT / VGT? I don't remember something caled EGT, if it is the latter,
FGT : Fixed Geometry Turbo (available in 75HP avatar)
VGT : Variable Geometry Turbo (in 90 HP engines)
EGR : Exhaust Gas Recirculation

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing called EGT. Sathish has already explained FGT and VGT.

ECUs of cars are not interchangeable in as much as you can not do plug 'n play. ECUs of different vehicles are mapped differently based on several parameters.

OT: Sathish - When are you posting the 70000km Scooty review?

ECUs of cars are not interchangeable in as much as you can not do plug 'n play. ECUs of different vehicles are mapped differently based on several parameters.
I suppose Engine ECUs are also linked with other ECUs (EPS, ABS, BCM, etc) in modern cars. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here it is Sam [:)]

Thread Starter #5
Here it is

View attachment 136788

Open the Fuse Box cover to gain OBD port access

Is that EGT or FGT / VGT? I don't remember something caled EGT, if it is the latter,
FGT : Fixed Geometry Turbo (available in 75HP avatar)
VGT : Variable Geometry Turbo (in 90 HP engines)
EGR : Exhaust Gas Recirculation
thanx for the valuable input mr boss.

There's nothing called EGT. Sathish has already explained FGT and VGT.

oh i see, thanx mr sam for the input,[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7
hi guys,
just asking the question out of curiosity, heard about ecu remaps & all, so thought where would be the ecu located in punto mjd,

and if possible please upload the pics of ecu,

also did the ECU of other multijet like ritz,swift etc, will work in punto ?? are they interchangeable, ???

thanks in advance,
well the reason behind all these questions were the diy ecu remap was in my mind
did it and got success too
below is the posted link of the same

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/do-yourself/25967-diy-ecu-remap-long-term-report.html

cheers
vicky

Top Bottom