Side To Side Wobble / Shake in Suzuki Swift

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends, i drive a swift 2013 vdi which has clocked 24k. My car recently started wobble from side to side like hell. I tried all the possible way to rectify the cause and unable to find any. Brought my car to MASS to get the suspension checked. they said every thing is fine. Even i replaced front strut bush as adviced by an MASS service advisor but of no use. Did tyre alignment balancing etc but nothing worked.The ride is fine on highways(rubberised road), but on uneven road it bounces like an elephant from side to side. I dont find any vibration felt on steering, it is more felt on seat. My car is running on michelin xm2 195/60R15. Gurus, please help me to sort out this issue.

Normally this happens when the shock absorbers damping in not proper. You can take your car to some other MASS or local service center [some service center have talented mechanic.]

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for your reply amit. I did checked all the four dampers. All appears to be fine. No visible sign of oil leak etc.

Thread Starter #9
worn out
- Tyres
- Tie rods
- Lower arm bushed
- wheel rim bend

any of the above should be the contributor.
Tyre might not be the culprit because there is plenty of rubber left with even wear.
I dont feel any vibration in steering, so i think i can omit tie rod too.
I removed all the four wheels and checked, but did not find any bend.
Remaining is lower arm bushing. So i should check it with MASS.

sorry to ask the question again. Do you feel the whole car wobbling( i mean the car body) or it's just the wheels?

A whole car wobble is something that can be felt on the vehicle.I mean the whole car will shake. A wheel wobble can be easily found. does the wobble happens around any particular RPM/Speed range?

If you feel the wheel is wobbling, wheel wobbling can be attributed only to a bent rim or a uneven thread on the tyre. To narrow down, note the speed when the car wobbles. Say for example: the wobbling will be there between 50 to 70 and then it disappears. if this is case, it can be due to bent rim/uneven tyre. as stated you have checked for rim bends, i suggest you to do a tyre rotation and refill the recommended tyre pressure.

if you are running on alloys, even a slight uneven wear in tyre pattern can be a serious issue. to narrow down on the suspension issue, drive in a straight road without bumps and undulations at 60 and leave the steering, the vechile should be in straight line( there will be a slight pull after some time) if the pull happens there is a problem with suspension.

my first suggestion is to do a tyre rotation and refill the air to recommended pressure.

At speeds of 5-8 km/h- the road is that bad here due to highway road widening.Literally all vehicles going through the road is wobbling.
The entire car shakes.
2 weeks before had a puncture,tyre was repaired and balancing was checked (No problem),Alignment was done.
As mine has just clocked 3000 km (3 months old).

Top Bottom