Oil Leaking on Hero Glamour

Thread Starter #1
Dear all

Last week I changed the engine oil of my HH Glamour ( done my a local mechanic). After that there is minute oil leak from the Drain bolt. Today I removed the drain bolt and found that the thread on the engine part has gone. I tried fix a new bolt (same size)but it is slipping after a point. also the leakage is increased.

What the best option for this to rectify.... (I got below options from my friends and from some websites.)

1. Insert a oversize Bolt.
2. Insert Heilcoil and use same bolt. ( Don't know It is available in Bangalore? )
3. Remove the engine part and give to Lathe for rethreading.
4. Replace the Crank cover. ( looks so costly)
5. Use some shellac and fix the same bolt again.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dear all

Last week I changed the engine oil of my HH Glamour ( done my a local mechanic). After that there is minute oil leak from the Drain bolt. Today I removed the drain bolt and found that the thread on the engine part has gone. I tried fix a new bolt (same size)but it is slipping after a point. also the leakage is increased.

What the best option for this to rectify.... (I got below options from my friends and from some websites.)

1. Insert a oversize Bolt.
2. Insert Heilcoil and use same bolt. ( Don't know It is available in Bangalore? )
3. Remove the engine part and give to Lathe for rethreading.
4. Replace the Crank cover. ( looks so costly)
5. Use some shellac and fix the same bolt again.

Thanks in advance for your help
yes third option best suits
for my friends bike 150cc pulsar it costs in three digits around 500 odd for the lathe work, retreading ...

Replacing the sump/crank cover is the ideal option but if you are worried about the cost then please get the drain hole rethreaded.

Do take up the local mechanic to task - he must have over tightened the drain bolt which led to the slippage.

Third option is cost effective solution. I had done on my Bajaj Pulsar 150 dtsi, it cost me around 800 including all.

But still the replacing cover is the optimum solution if you are going to use the vehicle for long term.

Thread Starter #7
Third option is cost effective solution. I had done on my Bajaj Pulsar 150 dtsi, it cost me around 800 including all.

But still the replacing cover is the optimum solution if you are going to use the vehicle for long term.
Does it requires to dismandle the engine?

keep having service in dealer centers

If hero its best to do service in any hero authorised service centre
Because from first service till date history of maintenance is logged if any wear or tear you can claim the issues like this
These are impossible do be damaged by you
Its because using a wrong tool to open or close those bolts . mainly in petrol pumps they offer oil change for free and they commonly use spanners to open the bolt
Which is 100% wrong ,it must be opened by ring spanner with correct size . the tool kit with your bike will have correct dimension setting .so please prefer service in authorised centers and have history maintained so if any warranty will be claimed.
Use service book given by company to fill all fields after service and have a stamp of dealership .
Even if we buy watches or shoes for 1000bucks we ask for bill to claim if damaged.
So Being a auto enthusiast we must do these !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom