Hyundai Grand i10 Horn Replacement

Thread Starter #1
I had bought grand i10 asta (o)diesel. The car is just 15 days old. I dont like the sound of stock horn. It sounds very light. I want them to sound like volkswagen/skoda brand (pom pom like sound instead of pim pim [:)] ) .
I went to the local accessories shop. They shown me roots windone .dont know whether it is windtone 90 or windtone. Its about 850 rs.
I read at some website that changing stock horns during warranty period will void the warranty of the electricals. If i change it does it void my car warranty ?[confused]
Also tell me what is a cutout and what is a relay. I dont know what these stuffs are for.

I had bought grand i10 asta (o)diesel. The car is just 15 days old. I dont like the sound of stock horn. It sounds very light. I want them to sound like volkswagen/skoda brand (pom pom like sound instead of pim pim [:)] ) .
I went to the local accessories shop. They shown me roots windone .dont know whether it is windtone 90 or windtone. Its about 850 rs.
I read at some website that changing stock horns during warranty period will void the warranty of the electricals. If i change it does it void my car warranty ?[confused]
Also tell me what is a cutout and what is a relay. I dont know what these stuffs are for.
well for skoda kind of horn go for bosch simphony or windtone, will cost u 600 to 900,
for warranty, it depends partially on dealer whether he allows you to add extra wires in the car or not,
afaik, my fiat dealer never allow ant single wire in the wiring but hyundai simple allows if done proper installation,
cutt out and relays are for the protection purposes,

now in your case, hyundai has single oem horn ,
if you replace the only single horn then your car's warrany wont void,
but if you arrange two horns in car the there is definately the requirement of other wire and cut outs,

so i reckon change the single horn only,
[:)]

Thread Starter #3
But those bosch horns are available as pair ones right ! do they sell only one ?

if i installed one is that loud enough than the stock horn ?

Hi Prasanna,
Congrats for your new aquisition !!

Skoda type horns come as a pair and for sure it needs a cut out and additional wiring.

I do have roots windtone in my car and bike and pretty happy about its quality/sound.

But I suggest you to consider Minda trumpet horns too which comes with the same type of sound. My friend has installed one in his DDIS and it sounds awesome. The po...m sound is more deep and sounds almost like a locomotive..[clap]

Definitely a notch above the roots windtone despite having same kind of sound.

Few shops at GP road can play the horns of your choice upon request, and you can choose accordingly.

But those bosch horns are available as pair ones right ! do they sell only one ?

if i installed one is that loud enough than the stock horn ?
i dont think they will be selling single units,
you should try to install single only,
hope it works,

but i m sure it will be better than stock,
do notify us the outcome,

Thread Starter #6
Thank you all :) tomorrow is the first service..i will install it on the nexy day.. my local accessories shop has both symphony and minda. Which sounds good when only one horn is installed ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Prasanna,

Congo on the new car.

I am using Roots Windtone in my Hyundai Verna and m pretty happy with sound and quality as I've installed it around 2 yrs ago and it has not given me any problems.

I've not installed any relays or nothing.

and I must tell you that I've bought it got just Rs. 450 + Rs. 50 for installation.

So IMO, your accessory shop person is asking for a much higher price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8
yes itz a huge amount. I also checked at GB road (kinda bazzar for car accessories) in chennai.
there also the roots priced at the same amount.
Its 1 1/2 hr journey from my place. i need to spend more for travelling too ! [roll][thinking]

Hello friends..i upgraded my stock horn.i installed the bosch and dummy the stock horn. I painted my brake calipers and brake drum orange [:D] and also put matching door edge guards in black background with orange letters (brand name)
Hey Prasanna,

The Calipers look great.[clap]
Does the horn replacement need any OEM wiring modification? how much did it cost you?

Thread Starter #12
Thank you :)

The shop person just removed the connection from single oem horn and made it dummy. Then installed the new pair of horns near the headlight and made connection from stock wires.

Horn cost is 650 /- + installation charges (high at my place)

Sounds excellent [clap]

I got my horn upgraded this weekend and not happy with it :(
This time i tried in a small shop near by to my home and they failed to do a good job.
Went ahead and finalized Hella and he said Relay needs to be added. After doing all set up , the horn sound is bit harsh , not the sweetest you get in so called "Skoda Horn". Went and complained yesterday , he changed the relay , but still same result :(. Also he connected relay to battery and to ground... not sure if this is the regular practice... Now i am thinking of 2 options, 1) ask him to remove everything and put the OEM Horn back 2) go to some other shop and get it fixed. What do you suggest? And will connecting relay void warantty?

Top Bottom