Maruti Wagon-R CNG (2008 Model) Heating Problem

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have been facing the problem since the summers have arrived fully.
the first time i faced the problem a week before, i was traveling from patel nagar, new delhi to noida sec 69 by route akashardham.

I took the car around 12 afternoon, its was hot damn hot, so i switch on the AC. after reaching to india gate the car started heating and over heating, it was almost touching the red mark.

but i notice that when i was turning of the AC the car was getting to normal temp which in middle and one point just below middle as when i turn on the AC aftfer one minute or two the indicator start rising like there is racing going between the needle and me which one will be first.

secondly i notice that when the needle was touching almost the red and was going to touch the red mark, the cooling of AC was like its was blowing air like i have just turn on the blower normal warm air in AC mode.

my uncle told me get the radiator cleaned.

so i just clean the radiator by my self ( not taking out the radiator from the car ) normal flushing the coolant from the vehicle an pouring the new one, i took the pipe off which was at the bottom of the radiator and and all the green fluid came out like my car was vomiting. i felt tear [cry] in my eyes by seeing this and hoped that all things will be fine. i blowed high pressure water from top of the radiator so that the coolant wash off properly. after doing all this put the pipe back into the radiator bottom and poring the fresh radiator and the radiator box. i help happy that i did this and turn on the my car.

after 4 to five minutes i can the change that the normal indicator was between the middle and lower mark[surprise], even after running the car for 30Km in afternoon time and with AC it was only just below the middle mark with the AC.

but just after two days i was in traffic in noida to patel nagar, so as usual i was feeling very hot and turn the AC on and then i suddenly noticed the heating indicator [frustration] was almost touching the red line.

please note my points i was in traffic and the temperature was high as every car engine in hot in traffic and my car in on cng also.

consulted a person he know info regarding the same and he gave a blunt reply. " yeh to rahega bhaiya cng hai na bus "

after this i am posting here.

please help me out what is the problem.

Have you checked, the radiator fan is working or not.
Just start the car and turn on the AC, the radiator fan should start immediately, if not check the fuse box.
If that also fine,then visit to ASS.

Thread Starter #3
what exactly should i check in fuse box can you tell me through some pic or images.

Last edited by a moderator:
what exactly should i check in fuse box can you tell me through some pic or images.
This detail can be found in the service manual book which have come with the car.I have attached a PDF copy also. Please go to page no 95,there in the diagram you can find your answer.
It is written as Radiator Motor Fan fuse.
If still confuse a little Google can also help.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
hey yesterday i noticed that the fan is not working, but at some stage it was working but the speed of the fan is not fast as it should be i showed it a mechnic near by where my car was heated. he told me fan is working but the speed is not there.

question is that do i have go for the full change of radiator assembly or fan motor can be changed..??

please help me out.

Thread Starter #7
If fan is the problem then it can be seperately bought and replaced .
Ya the fan is not working and if the fan is not working the defect is in the motor i think. I am planning to take the car to MASS on the coming monday as the engine indicator is also popping up.

Can please tell me the price regarding the same as i think the fan come with the motor and is there types in more where i can get more speed motor as te car is cng thats why.

Hello,
Overheating is a major issue in the summers. But, few easy remedies are there which can save money and time.
Take the car to a local garage and get the radiator cleaned using pressurised water. You have cleaned the inner part of the radiator by flushing but the outer part(fins) may be dirty. Dirt gets stuck in the fins and restrict the airflow.
Also the ac condenser should be cleaned in the similar manner.
Use mixture of coolant and water.
Before replacing the fan motor, check the battery for proper voltage. If the battery is down then the fan may run slow. .

Thread Starter #10
i had talk with my friend regarding the same as he has a friend in uttam nagar, delhi who know the knowledge about this.
he was talking about some thermostat switch if faulty and need to be change which will cost about 500 to 600Rs.

in morning i examined the car, when i turn it on the fan was not working that is radiator fan. then i turn on the AC ,then again the fan didnt work, as i am aware that the fan works just after the Ac is on, i tried pushing it with a stick but nothing happen to fan.

i did notice the "tic" sound in the compressor i think which make the Fan move but fan was not moving. ( so i think AC is fine, thermostat is also fine and even my radiator is also fine , the problem is in fan because it not allowing the car to cool down )

the concern person also to whom , which told that thermostat switch may be faulty , i asked him regarding the individual fan or the motor can be replaced and he said yes total expenses would 800 to 900 Rs. if motor is faulty.

please correct me that the motor can itself be changed or not , ot i have to fully replace the fan and motor ( assembly ).

regards
ankit

Last edited:
Hello,
You can check the fan motor yourself. Just locate the two wires that come out from the radiator fan. You'll see a coupler. In the coupler, there are two wires blue and black.
Take a long wire and insert it in the blue wire of the coupler and then touch the other end of the wire to battery +ve. The fan should move. TAKE CARE THAT NOTHING IS OBSTRUCTING THE FAN BLADES.

Thread Starter #12
Hello,
You can check the fan motor yourself. Just locate the two wires that come out from the radiator fan. You'll see a coupler. In the coupler, there are two wires blue and black.
Take a long wire and insert it in the blue wire of the coupler and then touch the other end of the wire to battery +ve. The fan should move. TAKE CARE THAT NOTHING IS OBSTRUCTING THE FAN BLADES.
shantanu i did this at night and called you up also but i think networks was not there...i connected the wire with blue wife and touched to the + ve side of battery but fan didnt move i think the motor of the fan is defected it move sometimes ( once in 10 days i think ), nothing is obstructing the blades as i rotated with my hands it is moving very freely no issues in that.

Thread Starter #13
finally took the car to MASS, after checking it they said it radiator is being replaced and the fan motor is also replaced. this is my first visit with my second hand wagon r to the the service station. they said it the injector needs to be clean and the also said plugs will also be cleaned.
the total cost is 10K + service tax of 12.5%, the also told when i was on the way to office coolant angle is also damage and also replace it. total cost 10800 plus tax 12.5%.

selling my phone today..[cry]

Thread Starter #15
ya car working fine..
met with the accident on 5 july on service lane of noida greater noida expressway...
car got hit with verna.. the boy in verna is a law student he was texting with his head down and not a single hand on the steering wheel...
the car colloid front to front... as i was prepared for the accident because of no option available to save the car as its single way rout in service lane...

his car air bags were out and was unconscious for about 30 seconds because he didnt know that he met with accident....

after that my major concern first of all was for the life.. i was traveling back to home with my fiance from office when all happen...

i took out the boy from his car as his door stuck on the way i pushed and make him out of the car...

i gave him water but he was on roza so cant have it and i thought rather going to fight let discuss it and hope for the best....

i asked him what he was doing and he said he was texting due which all it happen and his father also was called me as he was not in town, and told that he will take all the expenses of the car...

will update with pic and all the part replaced as soon as possible....

but i urge people thought this forum not to use mobile while driving.

thanks nanhi99

Top Bottom