Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) For Indian Bikes

Thread Starter #1
I have started this thread to share ABS system knowledge for bikes.

Anti-lock braking system (ABS) is an automobile safety system that allows the wheels on a motor vehicle to maintain tractive contact with the road surface according to driver inputs while braking, preventing the wheels from locking up (ceasing rotation) and avoiding uncontrolled skidding. It is an automated system that uses the principles of threshold braking and cadence braking which were practiced by skillful drivers with previous generation braking systems. It does this at a much faster rate and with better control than a driver could manage.

ABS generally offers improved vehicle control and decreases stopping distances on dry and slippery surfaces for many drivers; however, on loose surfaces like gravel or snow-covered pavement, ABS can significantly increase braking distance, although still improving vehicle control.

My question is does anyone have factory fitted ABS bike or has done aftermarket ABS fittings ?

Has anyone DIY on ABS.[confused]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: AntiLock Braking System (ABS) for INDIAN bikes.

My friend's ktm duke 390 has factory fitted ABS system. I own a Thunderbird and believe me having ABS in KTM gives me a lot of confidence to take the bike to its limit. Have touched 130kmph (on TB it's 80 kmph)

We have deliberatel applied emergency brakes from 60kmph to 0 just to check how the bike behaves, and it gives just a small jerk after coming to a halt.

And i have heard that bosch provides aftermarket abs for bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apache and CBR had some variants comes with factery fitted ABS. are you sure Tb has ABS?is it a new variant? this is a new news for me.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Apache and CBR had some variants comes with factery fitted ABS. are you sure Tb has ABS?is it a new variant? this is a new news for me.
I wish TB had ABS. But i was talking about duke 390's ABS. Tb doesn't have abs. Sorry my post confused you. Will ask yhe mod to correct it.

Last edited:
Cbr 250 has combined ABS which is brilliant and apache got ABS which is not literally very good as on my experience and Duke 390's ABS is pretty much good. These are the only bikes with ABS right now isn't it?

Thread Starter #6
Thanks Everyone, but my question second part doesn't got response.

While searching on google for aftermarket ABS system, found that Bosch has a product; ABS9 which comes in 3 variant base, plus and enhanced. Cost is not mentioned, neither any details are provided on the website.

TAI members please post videos/procedure/anything related to it for installing on bikes , if you found related to it.

Reference Link :
Safety systems for motorcycles

Top Bottom