Hyundai Santro Technical Issues

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone . Thanks for adding me in on this forum .
I have a 2000 Model Hyundai Santro EURO-II which has 1.9 Lac Km on its odo . 3 Weeks ago , I had changed my A/C Compressor as it was quiet old and was not working properly . I got a Genuine Compressor fitted after which the A/C was working good . Not like a new Car but satisfactory and at night it was working very very good . Also , The condenser , Radiator , Cooling Coil and Expansion Valve were thoroughly cleaned and checked . They were also working properly . Now yesterday the Alternator of my Car failed and I replaced that with second hand Alternator but of Santro Xing . After this job the A/C cooling has decreased . Also after the Alternator installation I had to get the tuning of my Car on Petrol/CNG redone . I just want to know from you guys that does Alternator has anything to do with A/C of my car . The lights are working better than before . Battery is charging properly . This Alternator makes a little more sound than the old one . The compressor and Alternator Belts are perfectly tightened . What can be the problem . I haven't consulted any mechanic other than the guy who installed the Alternator . He is saying that Alternator has nothing to do with the A/C . Also there is another matter . On the first start of the day and after some running , the Temperature needle comes to its position in about 1 KM and stays there . There is no overheating problem . Even in Bumper to Bumper Traffic , the needle stays at its position and does not even move . I have checked the Coolant level and for any leakages and everything is normal . Before this , the needle took around 2 Km to come to its position . Is this a normal phenomenon or something is wrong . Thanks

Regarding the AC, check out the Ac gas level once again. May be gas leak is the problem.

From the above comments, i understand that your temp meter works fine. this is how it works.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My friend own a santro 2007 model,
Replaced clutch at 40 k km,now he told there is a pulling problem,vehicle is not as responsive as before,What may be the issue?
Can you explain a little bit more. Is the car giving jerks or there's no proper acceleration ? Ask him to get his spark plugs, spark plugs wire and throttle body checked.

Yes,slight jerks are there, when doing shifts for more power like from 4th - 3rd and 3rd to 2nd.
Its time for another service ,anyway.
Any idea regarding cost of the spark plugs and others?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Yes,slight jerks are there, when doing shifts for more power like from 4th - 3rd and 3rd to 2nd.
Its time for another service ,anyway.
Any idea regarding cost of the spark plugs and others?
I too am in a bosch service center right now for my santro for a similar problem. No pickup on petrol. Spark plugs should cost around 400rs.

i am waiting for them to check. Will update in a while.

running , the Temperature needle comes to its position in about 1 KM and stays there . There is no overheating problem . Even in Bumper to Bumper Traffic , the needle stays at its position and does not even move . I have checked the Coolant level and for any leakages and everything is normal . Before this , the needle took around 2 Km to come to its position . Is this a normal phenomenon or something is wrong . Thanks
An engine scan could reveal if there are any fault codes stored in the ecu.

Again i am querying for my friend,
Guys,
As i mentioned the santro is having poor mileage figures with mixed driving (City and highways)-
Avg-10kmpl.
Clutch was changed just before 1000 km .
I will check Air filter anyway.
He told spark plugs were also changed during that service.

Any other issues.
The car has clocked 42000 km,2007 model

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I'm sorry i didn't reply after getting my car checked. The problem was the emulator. Check the image. It's the box but yeah it's a cng part.

Ok so you see those wires, they go to the injectors so get those wires checked. The mechanic just put the original wiring and missing was gone.

So ask him to get it checked and do update.

Attachments

i had taken my santro (1999) model for servicing. The engine oil, brake oil, coolant and spark plugs were all changed (no doubt a hefty bill also). After servicing, i experienced jerks while reducing speed in all the gears. When i increase the speed there was no jerking, but when i take the foot off the pedal to reduce the speed, the jerking start forcing me either to increase speed or drive in half clutch. I check with the mechanic and he replaced the distributor cap (again with a hefty bill). Still the problem is not solved, though the mechanic says there is no problem. The smoothness which i had before giving servicing is totally lost. i feel vexed with the approach/non solving of the problem. any idea where i have missed or the mechanic has missed

Top Bottom