Maruti Suzuki Alto: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
I Own an Alto LX 2007 Model Running At 47k Kms And now i am experiencing some problems with my engine performance. Last Serviced My alto On 43K Kms

1. Pickup is a little bit slow then previous one

2. Cabin Noise in Alto

3. A.c Cooling is one of the worst factor in my alto.i Never Got Such Awesome cooling like i see in others alto

4. Running on A.c Means Almost Alto Dies [confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
Help with Coolant in Alto

Gurus Please Reply
I Paid 600 Rs for coolant in alto since last 2 month.But today i see all the coolant goes of and it is below low level.I Check the Leakages but running the engine in idle So please help me whats going on [cry]

Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto Issues. Please Help

1. Pickup will get slower as the car ages. Please clean/replace the air filter and spark plugs and come back here.

2. What kind of noise (wind/road/tyre/rattle/squeak/engine?)

3. Alto AC is weak. Cant do much about it. Check the refrigerant and top up if necessary.

4. Yes. Small engine after all. Get the AC serviced though.

Thread Starter #4

1. Yesterday, I Blower Down the Air Filter,A lot of dust in it.Now looking cleaned one

2. It was Engine Noise,Not sure what it was or it was common in All Alto Cars

3. Hmmm Thanks Sam Dinkar for replying to my issues.Yesterday I serviced my A.c Properly and Filled Refrigerant gas too and washed the cabin ac filter with pressure washer.A little bit improvement now.

1. Yesterday, I Blower Down the Air Filter,A lot of dust in it.Now looking cleaned one
Replace it with a new one and you will find even more improvement.
2. It was Engine Noise,Not sure what it was or it was common in All Alto Cars
Alto has a 3 cylinder engine and all three cylinder engines are inherently noisy. Please sit in another Alto and compare if your Alto sounds more racuous.
3.Yesterday I serviced my A.c Properly and Filled Refrigerant gas too and washed the cabin ac filter with pressure washer.A little bit improvement now.
Do not upshift early. That way engine will not struggle when AC is switched on. Shift to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear at 20, 40, 60, and 80 kmph respectively - you will lose fuel efficiency a bit but what the heck, you will remain cool[;)].

Engine looses its steam after some time.
You can check/change your air filter.Check the clutch status.I assume all the elecctricals are in good condition. Spark plugs ,cables are tested?
AC was always a problem for Alto. Though it chills fast the engine doesn't move have any juice left.This is certified for Alto [;)]. That was the USP for Alto K10.
Is the noise coming from engine? What type of sound ? Is it rattling?whistling? specify clearly.

Re: Help with Coolant in Alto

Is it your car showing Over heating? Please check up the car in any Maruti ASS. Sometimes it may be a leak from the cap or from any pipes/radiator. It will make your engine damage if not cared properly.

Thread Starter #8

The Temperature scale is showing normal but i feels that engine warms up rapidly.I have to go to Maruti Dealer Now..its right tym for the inspection ..Thanks Raleesh

Thread Starter #9
Replace it with a new one and you will find even more improvement.

Alto has a 3 cylinder engine and all three cylinder engines are inherently noisy. Please sit in another Alto and compare if your Alto sounds more racuous.

Do not upshift early. That way engine will not struggle when AC is switched on. Shift to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear at 20, 40, 60, and 80 kmph respectively - you will lose fuel efficiency a bit but what the heck, you will remain cool[;)].
Will soon buy a new air filter.i am planning to use K&N Filter.want to give a try and enjoy the ride

Engine looses its steam after some time.
You can check/change your air filter.Check the clutch status.I assume all the elecctricals are in good condition. Spark plugs ,cables are tested?
AC was always a problem for Alto. Though it chills fast the engine doesn't move have any juice left.This is certified for Alto [;)]. That was the USP for Alto K10.
Is the noise coming from engine? What type of sound ? Is it rattling?whistling? specify clearly.
All are tested may be this is due to small engine car.i always compare my car to sedans but i forgot that i own a hatchback LoL [clap]

Noise issue is normal engine noise.may be this is also due to small engine car. btw my door mirrors are loosing their hold.they produce sound when pass through a dub

Last edited by a moderator:

Gurus Please Reply
I Paid 600 Rs for coolant in alto since last 2 month.But today i see all the coolant goes of and it is below low level.
what is the color of coolant that is left in the reservoir?

Thread Starter #11

it is green in color Mr. Boss And in alto if you are ahead of your engine then the coolant is on the right side

If there is no leakage then i think may be service guy didn't fill the radiator properly and after some drives radiator took the coolant from reservoir.
Suggestion: add water to reservoir and fill upto the full mark.(only if you have coolant near low mark in reservoir) then inspect for 1-2 weeks. If it also goes down then you need to take your car for professional checkup.

Last edited:

it is green in color Mr. Boss And in alto if you are ahead of your engine then the coolant is on the right side
I was suspecting the gasket failure in water jacket. In that case the coolant should turn dark (engine oil mix up) Looking at your statement, issue is something else [confused]

Top Bottom