Maruti Suzuki Zen Diesel Upgrades

Thread Starter #1
hello friends,
I am new to this forum and its my first message :), i own a maruti zen 2002 diesel which is not having a powered steering, i would like to know is it possible to upgrade the steering to powered one? what are the best options available in market?
one more problem, zen clutch also seems to be too rigid, is it possible to upgrade the cable clutch assembly to hydraulic?
looking for your opinions and suggestions on this, actually i was not driving this car for a long time, recently my wife started using this to learn driving and all these issues pops up [frustration] so help me on this to sort it out
thanks in advance[:)]

Rajesh, the diesel Zen had the TUd5 Peugeot engine which was too big for the piddly engine bay of the car. If you open the bonnet and see, you will find that there is almost no space for any additional plumbing inside the engine bay.

The Zen diesel is an old car and it did not sell well. Very few people would have the technical know how and/or the willingness to put a power steering assembly in it. And frankly I do not recommend blowing any money on such an old car as its residuals will NEVER justify any kind of investment made on it today. Same goes for the clutch too.

My suggestion is, sell this car and get another one for your wife; even a used one shall do - you could get used Maruti 800s for as little as Rs. 30000-40000 now-a-days; light clutch and steering, et all.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
dear sam, there are some strong attachments that i have with this car :( thats why i keep it still in the garage and moreover its a good car which give really good mileage(something around 28 in diesel on long haul), low maintenance cost, starting and going on second or third gear is also not at issue :)(no turbo lags, which i experience with linea), can park anywhere in indian condition, so thought on spending some money and upgrade to match up with new generation beauties :)
as you said, there is no meaning in keeping something that is not viable in long run then better to let it go, but its really tough to make a decision on this :(
thanks,

Top Bottom