Mahindra XUV500 Vibration

Thread Starter #1
When I pull off in first and I change to second gear I sometimes get this vibration through the car.
I have notice it around 1500 to 1600 rpm.
It feels similar as to when you see a dog shake water off.
Is this normal and if not what can cause it?

Do you see vibrations when you shift in higher rpm or only this band ?
Where do you think the vibration feels the most or originates - steering or engine or something else? Is this only during gear shifting ?

Thread Starter #3
It is in the band. It happens after gear change when the rpm drops and you press the excelelator . It is a brief moment. It is coming from the front of the car. It might be from the clutch /transmission / engin and not from the steering

Also change the steering stabiliser bushes anyways and torque the 2 bolts on the deeper 2 corners of your bonnet, they are covered by a rubber bush.

Does the clutch feel hard ? Whats the overall running of your xuv till date?

Thread Starter #6
Thank you for the feedback.
The clutch feel normal (soft).
Is it possible for a photo of the two bolts on the deeper 2 corners.
What is the torque settings for the engine mounts?

Thank you for the feedback.
The clutch feel normal (soft).
Is it possible for a photo of the two bolts on the deeper 2 corners.
What is the torque settings for the engine mounts?

Last edited by a moderator:
My 1 week old XUV5OO too have the wobbling effect when hard pressed on 2nd gear. Its only for a fraction of a second and is not observed once the speed picks. Its like a raging bull shaking its body before charging. I am also experiencing some kindly of a low grinding noise coming somewhere from left side of the vehicle in lower gears. This is when brakes are not applied. Its not engine, brakes or gear noise.

@XUV500gp: Have you fixed this problem? What was the cause of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
@XUV500gp : OKay... but what explanation did your Service Agent give? That its normal?

Can anyone else confirm if they experienced the short wobbling effect when in the 2nd gear transition @ RPM ~2K? Just worried about the cascading effects if not resolved. Mine is an XUV5OO W8 FWD - Manufacture date appears to be Aug 2014. I bought it in Oct 2014 from Sireesh Auto - Silk Board, Bangalore.

@goodsaint what is the rpm at which you are putting the vehicle in 2nd gear try some higher rpms like 1500.

grinding noise can be from something stuck to the wheel.

@kinshuk.arya . I get the vibration when the accelerator is hard pressed about to change the 2nd gear to 3rd. No problems when I do this at lower RPMs. It looks like it cant handle the sudden surge of power and vibrates like a dog trying to get water off its body after a bath or a bull shaking its head and body before charging. The vibration is for a second and goes off when speed picks up. I see it at around 2k to 2.5k RPM but it has to do with the speed at which the tyre rotates. Also, the vibration is more pronounced when more people are in car. Little less when I drive alone.

Have purchased a new age XUV 500 2WD on the 27th of June 15 ..Very disappointed !!!The car can't handle sudden acceleration ,wobbles in second gear between 1500-200 Rpm and continues to do so if you keep the pedal floored even in gear 3rd and 4th with mild vibrations on the steering wheel..Also has a peculiar engine noise.
How and why does Mahindra release a new model in the market without doing through R & D..Wonder if its any different on the AWD maybe the front wheel drive can't handle the pressure.What soever the case you can't put a car like that in the market.[anger][anger]

The car can't handle sudden acceleration ,wobbles in second gear between 1500-200 Rpm and continues to do so if you keep the pedal floored even in gear 3rd and 4th with mild vibrations on the steering wheel..
I am not a owning a diesel car but IMO diesel vehicles do not respond the same as petrol vehicles w.r.t to sudden acceleration.

Have purchased a new age XUV 500 2WD on the 27th of June 15 ..Very disappointed !!!The car can't handle sudden acceleration ,wobbles in second gear between 1500-200 Rpm and continues to do so if you keep the pedal floored even in gear 3rd and 4th with mild vibrations on the steering wheel..
I own a XUV bought a year before. I feel the car cannot handle longer acceleration in first gear whcih is normal for a 2.2 cc diesel engine. But in other gears, it does accelerate smoothly. I too felt steering vibration at the time i purchased and did wheel balancing and problem went off (steering vibration at higher speeds).
Better take it to service center for them to judge the exact issue.

Last edited:

Top Bottom