Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R: Technical Queries & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Please come up with your experiences/problems/suggestions/troubleshooting for MARUTI SUZUKI WAGON R THE GEM, of any generation.

In short, ONE STOP PIT for all of us who own WAGON R.[:D]

I am trying to boost hatchback owners to open up by starting this thread (if allowed by mods), as I haven't seen much of long term ownership reviews being started and updated frequently on our forum when it comes to Maruti Suzuki Wagon R. (My opinion)

There is no reason that normal middle class oriented, efficient, economical, affordable hatchback shouldn't be the talk of town. [glasses]

Humble request to mods, if its not within the forum protocol, shall be deleted or moved to appropriate place.

Thread Starter #2
Just to bump up the thread,
Guys please post your all queries regarding Maruti Suzuki Wagon R of any Gen and Wagon R Stingray, so that this thread can serve for all of us as a common pit stop for discussions pertaining to WAGGIE the blue eyed tallBoy.. [glasses]

A humble request to MODS to please merge queries regarding to Wagon R to this thread, if its within the forum protocol.

Last edited:
Tallboy has always been a silent killer from MSIL garage. WagonR is still loved by Indians and thats the reason it always finds itself in top charts of sales figures. I owned & drove this adorable car for almost 7 years before upgrading it to Ertiga. This is absolute gem of a car that served me without any troubles. Never ever it broke down in any circumstances neither faced any rattles/niggles after heavy use.
Example of a perfect package for a first car buyer with loads of space inside, a decent motor within with good mileage. I always suggest this car to any new buyer from A segment.

Has any one had problems with steering wheel rack of wagon r.My friend has had his steeering wheel rack replaced under warranty the third time. Maruti ASS says PVC bushes are problematic ut it cant be replaced as such.so entire steering wheel rack replaced.

Last edited:
Has any one had problems with steering wheel rack of wagon r.My friend has had his steeering wheel rack replaced under warranty the third time. Maruti ASS says PVC bushes are problematic ut it cant be replaced as such.so entire steering wheel rack replaced.
We own a 2005 model Wagon-R with more than 1.4L km on odo and never faced any issues with steering system.

Which PVC bush are they referring too?

Maintenance to be done at 40k km

Hi,
My preowned 2008 Waggie has completed 40000km. I have fixed a few things since i bought it. Is there a list of precautionary checks & fixes i need to do now?
Ameyam

Ameyam there is no such list, just get your car checked by a good mechanic, also its a low mantainance car & generally gives no trouble

Its serviced and fixed- brakes, aircon, gear box, head lights etc. Whatever gave me any issues is already done. I also did the oil, coolant, brake oil, air filter, injector cleaning etc that needs to be done when you buy an old car ans don't know when all of those were last done. Now its rattling a lot (suspension) and the tyres (which are original from 2008) need replacing. Is there a specific brand of shocks or something like that that will add to the comfort / handling? Anything specific?
Ameyam

I missed this thread earlier.
It would be nice if we can have the different models available in the past and the version of this vehicle running also mentioned by the users here. Wagon R is one of the most VFM and practical hatch available in the country now.I think,the lowest cost vehicle with an ABS comes in a Wagon R.
The biggest issue faced by me with my Wagon R was that of the sound from the dashboard.Unnecessary "thud" sounds also use to come from the rear side.This was a nuisance on bad roads. But instead of solving that, our MASS mechanics will say "Saar Wagon R mein sound tho hota hai" [anger].That was the main reason for me to leave this car.
Anyway the new model is in a different platform and will live on for some more years.

Thread Starter #13
Its good to see that finally our fellow wagon R members are opening up and sharing their experiences/problems with all.[clap]

And thats exactly is the purpose of starting this thread by me long back.

It is a good car with good space, engine,ac & low maintenance
Yeah. I totally agree with you.[thumbsup]

I have NEW Gen 2011 K10 series wagon R VXI, and I have replaced my steering rack assembly once at 30k KMs, but I am pretty sure that it was my mistake to get trapped by SA to solve a problem which was not at all associated with steering rack assembly. [frustration]

Hi,
My preowned 2008 Waggie has completed 40000km. I have fixed a few things since i bought it. Is there a list of precautionary checks & fixes i need to do now?
Ameyam
IMO Its the same as for a new vehicle.

I missed this thread earlier.
It would be nice if we can have the different models available in the past and the version of this vehicle running also mentioned by the users here. Wagon R is one of the most VFM and practical hatch available in the country now.I think,the lowest cost vehicle with an ABS comes in a Wagon R.
The biggest issue faced by me with my Wagon R was that of the sound from the dashboard.Unnecessary "thud" sounds also use to come from the rear side.This was a nuisance on bad roads. But instead of solving that, our MASS mechanics will say "Saar Wagon R mein sound tho hota hai".That was the main reason for me to leave this car.
Anyway the new model is in a different platform and will live on for some more years.
I haven't faced this issue till date in my New Gen Wagon R.

WagonR's foot controls are nice and smooth.
Yes. I also feel the same.

Problem with my Waggy is that its lights dims and brightens with acceleration.The light goes dim (momentarily)when the AC compressor starts or when i brakes,and brightens when i accelerate.I am still on my oem battery(now 4.5 years old)
Any suggestion guys?

I believe once the car carts, all devices runn of engine power, not battery power. So it shouldnt be a battery issue
Even in my car, there is a little flicker / dimming even when the caution lights are running. Dont think its a major issue

Ameyam

Top Bottom