Maruti 800 Carb Adjustment

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

Recently got my 1996 M800 back from a relative who was using it for a prolonged period of time. Unfortunately, they had absolutely trashed the poor thing, I can't even believe it's still working! I guess M800 is a tough old car. [surprise]

You will not believe that even the spark plugs were different sizes [anger]

Anyways, I had to adjust the carburetor (amongst other things) and can't seem to figure out which screws adjust which parameter! I would really appreciate any help with the adjustments on this carburetor.

Thanks.

Thread Starter #4
The screw at the back is the mixture adjustment. The big screw on the drivers side is the idle rpm screw.
Thanks! Does this carb have 1 or 2 mixture screws?

viru

just clean it with petrol do not disturb anything

just replace slow jet with new
Can I clean it without having to open it up? I'm a bit preoccupied these days so I would like to avoid opening it...would you suggest any carburetor-cleaning fuel additives?

tuning carb is easy, just start the engine & bring it to normal operating temp.
get a small screwdriver or a small washer (as there is not enough space at rear for screwdriver to work) there is a screw located at rear of carb turn it clockwise till the engine starts to loose power then turn it anticlockwise just to remove any jerks or rough idle, this is the adjustment for good economy & power.

Can u send the pictures of the adjustment screws,which one is oil mixture and which one is air mixture.I too have a m800 type 2 and my car smells petrol when i start the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom