Maruti Esteem Air Filter Closed?

Thread Starter #1
Hai Buddies,
I'm a Maruti Esteem (1000) owner and have very less knowledge on car accesories and its technical side.this is first car that i bought about a month ago. when i analysing the engine parts, i found air filter is in closed manner.

Why it is closed.? is any problem regarding when that valve is closed.?

Sorry for bad english.

Attachments

I could see the vehicle is equipped with LPG kit.
This 'jugad' is done by most of the LPG mechanics to adjust / set the idle rpm and throttle response (in LPG mode)

Take it to some reputed and knowledgeable mechanic and get it sorted.

Thread Starter #6
thanks for your all valuable reply's.YES BOSS, the car is equipped with LGP.
Reelesh, im not getting much of acceleration on this car. and one my friend who drive this car said that its not giving that much of accelaration , and the power of esteem not like this.

Why you bought a Maruti1000, when you have good Esteems available here very cheap?
Checkout for rust, since it is very old. Do not spend much on this car. Esteem spares(Original) are costly.
Just go for a newer model Esteem which didint run on LPG.
Akhil, i own a 2006 Esteem and from cochin too. You can contact me in case any support required.

Thread Starter #8
oh thanx a lot relesh for your great helping mentality.the first user of this car was my friend .before buying this car , i searched for maruti800 and i founded some around my place .but all them are not in good condition and has accident history's. by telling this to ma friend, then he ready sale his esteem 1000 to me and i bought it for 40k. all the car i seen before esteem are not so much integrated.

This car have audio system + lpg + AC + new lower arms + new battery + non rusted engine parts + no leaks + repainted before a year (22k ) + new wiper blades and Car Toolkit ,etc

when i visited pre-owned cars , they does not have this much of parts for 40k. one of the owner said me, a 800 with at least a music system+ac rate comes about 60k.

so, at last my decision focused to esteem.so i buy it from my friend.

The images are attached below

Attachments

Top Bottom