Hyundai Verna Starting Trouble.

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,
I have been using a Hyundai Verna CRDi 2008 model from past 3 years, It was maintained by an engineer and then i bought from him.It has done 70k kms now.I often do not take the car as i am an employee thus use my two wheeler.But sometimes i take my car for long rides for 100-150 kms.I had a ride about 150 kms once and parked the car in the garrage and after a week when i tried to start my car, it did not start.There was a sound coming from the engine, then i managed to push it and started, after this problem i kept it in idle for sometime and rose it for sometime the again parked it, now today is the third day after it had given the problem and started by pushing, today again it gave the same sound and did not start.I checked the battery output.At engine off condition it is showing 11.56v.Please tell me what may be the problem.

Thank You.

1. Can you describe the sound it makes when it does not start?
2. Try measuring the battery output after not starting the car for a few days to check if it has discharged.

If starting is still a bit patchy it means the battery was not the cause of the problem, but a victim. Inspect your vehicle for electrical leeching or leakages.

Actually Omnipresent, I still strongly recommend that you find the cause of the problem as soon as possible. Especially since your vehicle is still not starting perfectly, it is most likely that the cause of the problem was something other than the battery.

0mnipresent, take your car to a bettery dealer and ask him that you want to try a new battery. Let him fit a new battery in your car. If the car cranks fine thereafter, then you could be sure it was the old battery that was playing culprit. Replace the old battery with a new one then; not much of a choice you have there, do you?

Hello Friends,

I am not very good with posting info on forums.... but I am facing a challenge with my 2 yr old top loaded vtvt sx O petrol verna.
Today in the morning, the push start when pressed stared giving a loud click noise from under the hood and it appeared as it the self is not rotating to start the engine.
Second thing i notice, my auto climate starts on its own and the trip meters get a reset and every time I am shutting and giving the engine a shake with the push start, the only noise that repeats is the loud click sound (tick - tick tick tick......)
Going by the brands reputation and ownership of accent for 10 years prior to this car is making me uncomfortable.

Please advise what might have gone wrong, the road assist team is on its way but I need to get your opinion guys.
note - Battery is fine, it was checked and it should not be the cause.

Today in the morning, the push start when pressed stared giving a loud click noise from under the hood and it appeared as it the self is not rotating to start the engine.

Second thing i notice, my auto climate starts on its own and the trip meters get a reset and every time I am shutting and giving the engine a shake with the push start

From my experience, improper tightening of battery terminals (loose contact) could cause this phenomena
- Other electricals working fine & starter motor refusing to function
- Trip meter reset

Hello Friends,

I am not very good with posting info on forums.... but I am facing a challenge with my 2 yr old top loaded vtvt sx O petrol verna.
Second thing i notice, my auto climate starts on its own and the trip meters get a reset and every time I am shutting and giving the engine a shake with the push start, the only noise that repeats is the loud click sound (tick - tick tick tick......)
Going by the brands reputation and ownership of accent for 10 years prior to this car is making me uncomfortable.

Please advise what might have gone wrong, the road assist team is on its way but I need to get your opinion guys.
Hi Max, I agree with Mr. Boss, I've had the exact same issues when my car runs out of battery (In my case it was a old battery and the car had been unused for some time).

Either the battery is defunct or the connections to it are faulty.

Top Bottom