Carpet Installation / Fixing in Buses and Trains.

Thread Starter #1
Carpet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Train - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Express train - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. Do you feel Carpet can be Installed and Fixed in Local (Short distance) and Express trains (Long Distance) ?.

2. Do you feel Carpet can be Installed and Fixed in Local transport and Luxury Buses ?.

3. Can this give a Better Designing and Comfortable look and feel for the passengers travelling in Trains and Buses ?.

4. If Railways or Bus (Public and Private) Transport Facilities approaches for you to work as a independent contractor for taking this work, will you accept this after studying their requirements ?.

i.e. Installing and Commissioning Carpet in Trains (Long and Short Distance) as well as Luxury Buses and Local transport Buses.

5. Do you feel Installing Carpet in Trains would be more difficult than fixing Carpet in Buses because of the Length of the Train as compared to the Length of the Bus ?.

6. In both the automobiles i.e. Train and Buses, the Carpet installation has to be done before the Seating Chairs are installed and fixed with the machine/s ?.

i.e. Carpet Installation first and then Fix the Seating Chairs since it looks like the seating chairs are permanently fixed in the trains and buses.

So it might be difficult to fix Carpets once the seating chairs are fixed
in Trains and Buses. Is it ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Re: Carpet Installation/Fixing in Buses and Trains.

Matting in Trains and buses would be good idea and would give a more sophisticated look to trains and buses, but I feel there are few issues:

Since you are from Mumbai, you would appreciate the amount of abuse the public transport face for the sheer amount of rush in Mumbai.

Trains and Buses are the most widely used transport options by the Mumbaikars. Again these buses and Trains are mostly stationed at unguarded sites after the services close down.

Now if Mats are fitted (generally done by Sticking glue on floor) then firstly because of the wear and tear and heavy usage the matting would itself have very less life. Secondly, image the plight in monsoons where the people are dipping wet, lots of wet jackets, umbrellas would add to sogginess to mats and they may start smelling.
Suppose they stillwithstand this wear and tear, then there are anti social elements who consider railway property as "apne baap ki property" and they would then rip the matting and use it in their shanties. you would find in no time, these mats being ripped of local trains exposing the glue.

Regarding fixing ofmats, in trains and busses, it wouldbe ideal to remove seats and then fix the mats, however, in trains I dont think that would be possible. Buses, you may think of removing seats and fixing them. So only feasible option is cuttingthe mats as per seats and fixing around seats.
However, what still canbe done is fixing the mats in the gangway/walkway where straigth length could be fixed and may be in between the seat rows where people generally keep their feet on.

Top Bottom