Engine Malfunction Error in Ford Fiesta

Thread Starter #1
hi,

I have a Ford Fiesta (Global). It was purchased 4 months back and it has clocked 5000 kms. Im driving it under 2000 RPM.

Just 2 days back, i got a message in the display saying ENGINE MALFUNCTION. PLEASE TAKE IT TO THE SERVICE CENTER. I immediately stopped the car and switched off the engine as i got panicked. And i started the engine once again, the message was gone. Was unable to find it.

Today morning once again, I got the same message. Since, I already had OBD Bluetooth adapter, i connected it to my mobile and got the error code as P132b.

I immediately called the Ford A.S.S Service Executive and told this issue. He said me to bring the car and not to drive it fast. Since i was busy for the day i drove the car to my office. Could not able to find any sort of loss in power or anything. After switching it off and then again cranking it, the error message was gone.

Could any one shed some info in this error code P132b.

Im much worried about it. [confused]

Thread Starter #3
UPDATE: I took the car to Akshaya Ford. They checked the car extensively using their software but did not notice any problem. They even checked all the electrical components, and many things, did not notice any issues. When i told the error code P132B, they dont have such codes in their software. I guess the ECU needs a software update.

Can you provide statistics for that ?
He made a general statement. Which we normally do in australia for australian made ford cars. I happen to have one too and i couldnt agree more.
according to stats every single Mini sold in UK haa 100 problems at least making it most unreliable car

Anyways back to the topic
did he solve the issue
If the error code is for the turbo does that mean its sucking oil ?

Thread Starter #8
If the error code is for the turbo does that mean its sucking oil ?
im checking the oil levels once in a month. There is no issues with it. i did not get any error messages for 700 kms till now.

spoke to a engineer who works in Ford. He said that if there is any minute dirt particles in the fuel, these kind of error occurs. he asked me if the car went in LIMP mode, since i did not have any issues with it, he told me to update the ECU. Anyways im waiting for the second service to update the ECU.

Last edited:

Top Bottom