Issues with Suspensions in Ford Ikon 1.6

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

My name is Zuhaib and I belong to Pune. Recently I purchased a used Ford Ikon 1.6 Endura. However nowadays there is a screeching & thud voice whenever the car is passing a speed breaker or some small potholes. I showed this to a local mechanic and he is saying that there is a leakage in the front suspensions and currently the car is only supported by the springs. Other guy is saying that the bushings needs to be replaced. So i am in a dilemma as to what exactly has happened. Also the total cost of suspension repair/replacement is estimated by these guys is somewhere between 10-15k. So please suggest what exactly will be the problem. It would be highly appreciated if someone also provide a rough estimate on how much would it cost.

thanks in advance

Re: Issues with Front suspensions in Ford Ikon 1.6

There could be several issues with the suspension and its difficult to identify them without proper inspection. You may have worn out bushes, bent tie rods, leaking dampers, worn out ball joints/upper/lower arms, etc.

Please take your car to an authorized Ford service centre and get a proper diagnosis done. A complete front suspension overhaul should be around Rs. 15000. How many kilometres has this car done?

Re: Issues with Front Suspensions in Ford Ikon 1.6

Thats a good enough mileage to ask for a suspension overhaul. Please get it checked up at an authorized Ford Service Centre, take an estimate and post it here.

Thread Starter #5

Hi all,

Require TAI'ans to help me out with this. Yesterday while driving my Ford Ikon i noticed that the car was heating up too frequently and also it was not accelerating during some slopes. I showed it to my local mechanic. He is saying that the gasket needs to be changed as water/coolant is leaking from it and hence the car is heating up and not accelerating(seized) on slopes. he has quoted 7k for replacing the same which includes labour cost as well.

Can someone please help urgently.

Zuhaib, dont get into all this. I suggest you sell your car immediately.

Get thoroughly inspect your car at Authorized Ford Service station [Talera Ford in Wagholi]. They will give you exact estimation.

I know a local mechanic in PUNE, if you wish to show him below is his contact details.

Dattoba Garadge
Opp. Jangali Maharaj Mandir
Near Standard Charted Bank,
Shivaji Nagar, Pune

[Nearest landmark : Bamboo House Hotel]

Thread Starter #8

Zuhaib, dont get into all this. I suggest you sell your car immediately.
Thanks so much Sam and Amit. I am selling this car out for 55K. But cannot cheat on the buyer hence going to repair this and then sell it. i appreciate all your help.

I am selling this car out for 55K. But cannot cheat on the buyer .........
Zuhaib, its not about cheating the buyer but about realizing that any money that you invest in this car would probably not be recovered when time comes to sell it and therefore, to sell it on as is where is basis. If its losing coolant then its an almost sure indication that the head gasket is gone. Opening the head may also reveal a few more expensive surprises. Would you spend money to fix those too?

I suggest you tell the buyer that the car is having these problems and then let him quote his price considering the cost of repairs. Fair enough, ain't it?

Let it go. Dont spend money on it.

I second Sam, repairing Ikon may cost you fortune. Just sell it and let next owner know about the issues.

What is the Best Brand for Ford Ikon Suspension and where to get the geniune parts ?.

Hi Friends,

I am new to Bangalore, I am owning a Ford Ikon TDCI car.
Now my odo is 95K reached and my car suspension all are gone.
so planning to change the suspension and lower arm completely.

Here first i tried thru one of my friend in shivaji nagar, there they told to get it from Gujili( second hand market) with the exchange of exisiting ones, but as they are new to me, incase of lack of trust, i have decided to change all new.

where i took to one of the new garage open recently and did a check, the mechanic was young and cooperative with patient and checked, so i have decide to do the work there.

now i want to know which brand is the best one and where do we the originall parts,
As heard JC road.

Please suggest me, the brand and the spare part shop for getting the geniune parts.

Stay away from used parts when it comes to parts like Suspension & Brakes. You can't test them in part level (I'm speaking about general public and mechanics. there are agencies who could test the part level performance) I hope "Monroe" is the OE & After market supplier for Ford cars. Not sure if "Gabriel" after market spares are available for Ikon. Stick to these 2 brands for shock absorbers.

Last edited:
Yes no used parts specially for Gujri, they are 100% cheaters. Buy from JC Road and get it installed at your mechanics place. Ikon parts are expensive.

Hi,i had recently changed front struts on my ford ikon 2005 model of both front sides after riding around 1000 kms i today when opened the hood for visual inspection i noticed that that the strut which are fitted to some nut in the hood i was told by my mechanic that if both of the front suspensions are error free than this round cap like structure of suspension under the hood(maybe struts) should be completely seated down and its the same on my recently changed left strut that round cap like structure is completely seating down under the hood but the case is not same as on the right side this round cap like structure is little upward so i am suspecting something went wrong with my right side front suspension I had driven my car 1000 kms in excess without alignment i.e. alignment should be done at 5000 kms interval but i had driven around 6000 kms without alignment is this a cause of this problem? please guide me that what is wrong with my front right side suspension any answers are highly appreciated i am attaching pictures for reference.

Right side suspension image.

Right suspension.jpg

Left side suspension image.

Left suspension.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom