Grand i10's AC Cabin Cooling

Thread Starter #1
Hi folks,

It's been a while and hope you guys are doing great.

Some of you may know i was taking delivery of my grand i10 last year December. Unfortunately i didn't get a chance to post my review yet. been heck busy with my work schedule and couldn't even send it for first service and I have crossed above 1500Kms now.

As many people posted about battery problem. Luckily my concern is not about that. I'm happy that the battery problem is not present with my version of grandi10 ( Asta AT )

My only concern is now about the air conditioning, Which is not even close to my previous i10. The cabin cooling is just a fantasy right now which is not happening in reality. Even if i switch the blower to speed "2" The cooling is not that much effective.

I have checked and turned off the rear ac vents by default. I don't use them at all. Still no difference.

Anyone facing the same issue as i am ? The problem could be because i have not serviced my car yet ? I know i should've done atleast 1st service by now. But due to my busy schedule i didn't get a chance. I've fixed an appointment for next week to take care of this. Or it is just a common issue in grand i10 ?

I used to keep the blower speed to "1" on my previous i10 AT. Now i have no choice to increase it to "2" or "3" during peak hours. Still not that much effective as it used to be on normal i10.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Transparent sun film is installed by default at the time of purchase. This is completely UN-noticable. Although i don't see any difference with and without, as it is completely naked.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
Deceptron.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I took a TD of the car and even the TD car ac's was not effective even though the outside temperature was around 30*. I drove the car for 50 minutes and blower was set to one but still AC wasn't effective.

I noticed that even though the air circulation was not set to foot area I still iit was blowing cool air near my foot. Do check the same on your car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I will check on this. But what Im facing is something like gas leakage or the clogged filter i guess. Because it is sweating inside. The blower blows heat air when driving at peak sun ( afternoon 1-2pm ) in chennai. I mean.. I owned previous generation i10 and never faced this. And What surprises me is... This grandi10 is only 3 months old. how can this happen.

It is going for service today. i hope they fix it. I will keep this thread updated.

When I took test drive of grand i10 petrol thrice on different days, mostly around 10 am, other two around 4 pm, the AC was non existent. I even asked for a brand new car for test drive, even then the AC was ineffective. I also agree to the point that previous gen i10 had better AC.

You may wish to check the circulation mode is in 'internal' or equivalent position. Putting the circulation mode to external (drawing air from outside) may lead reduction in AC effectiveness.

If the day is sunny, it may take a while for AC to be effective. During hot weather, if the car is parked outside, it is also recommended to have all windows open, switch on the blower alone for 5 to 10 minutes, before switching on the compresor.

If the above fails, I would suggest to take it straightaway to dealer and have it checked during your service as its a new car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
I checked the knobs and buttons are correct in position and selected to internal circulation. No doubt in that. Even if the weather is hot out side, I'm pretty sure you wont be sweating inside the cabin when the AC is turned on for more than 15 minutes.

The service adviser confirmed there is an issue with the AC and they will rectify it as soon as possible.

I will keep this space updated.

I also have the grand i10 petrol and it sometimes feel like AC doesn't exist in the noon hours here in Delhi. Something is wrong with grand i10's AC's unit. [anger]
Although I have given it to service center to check and rectify the same issue but not satisfied. Will give it again by today or tomorrow to service center and ask for changing the complete AC unit.

I also have the grand i10 petrol and it sometimes feel like AC doesn't exist in the noon hours here in Delhi. Something is wrong with grand i10's AC's unit. [anger]
Although I have given it to service center to check and rectify the same issue but not satisfied. Will give it again by today or tomorrow to service center and ask for changing the complete AC unit.
Same issue with my Grand i10 as well. It started after 20K free service. There is a slight wheezing sound from air conditioning unit every now and then. I have consulted service center and they checked the compressor gas level. It was lower than usual.As per SA this could be gas leakage and can be covered under extended warranty.

Last edited:
Hi friends, I am also facing same AC problem with my Grand i10 Asta. I found this in very beginning when i bought the car in Dec 2014 and reported to Hyundai. they sent a person in the morning he checked and said its working fine.

But, the condition is like at full blower it makes noice but not cooling at all. I feel sweating in Bangalore with full AC.

i have reported again now to Hyundai[frustration]. not sure will it be done under warranty or i need to pay for it as it will be completing 2 years in 15 days.[confused] Any suggestions how to get it done as its manufacturing problem..?[cry]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Do you hear any sound coming from the vents when you turn on the ac ? If yes then ac gas must be low. Ask them to check for leakages in evap and they should top up the gas for free.
Ps : i10, grand i10 , i20 have pathetic ac. Santro's ac is much better.

Top Bottom