M800: Thinking of Self Servicing - Help Required

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Its been more than 1.5 years and 8000 kms since the last service was done. The Engine Oil level is close to the bottom line. And few more things to be done. Since I have a great respect for my 800, thinking of servicing myself. I generally service my Bullet and splendor by my self, so getting my hands dirty wont be a problem. But when it comes to cars, things are different. So, Seniors pls help on this.

Things to be attended(upto my knowledge):
1. Engine Oil Change
2. Fuel Filter
3. Air Filter
4. KBX Brake Booster.

Pls suggests if anything more needs to be attended.

Plan:
1. Changing the Engine Oil wont be a deal. But Help needed on which oil to be used
2. Need to Find Out where the fuel filter is and if found , may think of replacing it.
3. Will post the pic of the Air Filter, so we can decide to change or clean.
4. Have some theoretical knowledge with the help of the link
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...es-booster-brand-new-clutch-maruti-800-a.html.

Thanks in Advance,
Kiruba.

Thread Starter #2
Guys, can somebody suggest what Engine oil to be used and interval for replacing fuel and oil filter for M800 MPFI?

it depends on the status of your engine, but a 10w40 should be a good option, also you can try, if using a 10w40 the oil level doens't drop too much, you can use it, if it drops fast (in example go from max to min in 2000kms) you may need to use 20w50.
I suggest you to change the fuel filter every 40.000kms and oil filter every oil change

Engine Oil: 20W50 (costs less, good for old engines)

For fuel filter and tank details, please check this page. The fuel filter is usually located at the mounting point for left side leaf spring.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/13513-restoration-maruti-800-1991-tonnes-pics-uploaded-14.html

Also change oil filter (90Rs), air filter (120Rs), fuel filter (60Rs)= Purolator brand is good

KBX brake booster production is stopped, not available in the market, Bosch is coming up with the same thing (Since Bosch owns KBX now) may be in next few months its out.

If budget permits go for a good oil like Shell.
20140316_140856[1].jpg

fuel filter.jpg

IMG-20140316-WA0008[1].jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom