Suzuki Dzire Zxi Mileage Issues..

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAIans, I'm new to this site.

I own a new swift Dzire Zxi (2013) model.
It has completed around 15000kms till date. I’m fully satisfied with my car except one issue.
First the background of car buying. Having owned Maruti 800 for 9 years’ time came to change my car. Started to search my car around May 2012.
My priorities were:
-Tight budget of 7 - 7.5 lakhs.
-Only petrol car (since i HATE diesel clatter [evil]).
-It should be a sedan (Mom's only condition)
-Fuel efficiency should be good (my 800 gave 17.4kmpl).
-Only top end variant.(since i need ABS & Airbags than anything else)
-Refined and fun to drive car.
Did a thorough search and finally i had only one option on my list (since amaze was not launched that time) And it was Suzuki Swift Dzire.
It fulfilled all my requirements and within my budget too. Even all the accessories fall under my budget.
Finally I booked Glistering grey Dzire Zxi on 1st Nov 2012 at Aadhi cars pvt limited in Coimbatore. The showroom was newly started and I had one of my former colleague there, So booked it with no fuss. The tentative delivery period given was January 2013. But fortunately I had my friend there and he somehow bought the car on 10th Dec 2012 and car reached the showroom on 16th Dec. I did all inspection in Yard and paid the full amount including accessories of Rs 7, 49,280. Got Seat cover as freebie (Hell, it was worst on Quality).
As I specifically asked for registration & delivery after January 2014 it was done perfectly by the dealer.
Overall the dealership experience was pleasant. I took delivery on 18th Jan 2014 after I sold my old 800(sold it for Rs 110000 for 2003 model).
The car was polished, got a fruit basket (the owner of dealership is also the owner of pazhamudir nilayam, famous fruit shop chain in TN.) all the accessories was fitted in the car. It was a memorable day in my life.
Interior was awesome in design and quality when compared to the previous generation Dzire.
Engine refinement was too good and the NVH levels were also good such that I can’t hear the engine noise inside the cabin. Even the outside road noise too controlled well. Kudos to Suzuki for this much improvement in cabin.
Front seat was spacious and wide, though rear seat space was tight for three adults. I’m always getting confused that old Dzire is spacious compared to new Dzire.
Boot space is good for me as I won’t carry anything in my boot.
Look of the dashboard were good too so as the music system. It provides good bass effect compared to other stock music system. But only front two speakers are powerful and the rear two speakers just for name sake. Really I loved the music system. The Steering mounted controls are a boon, I use it always.
Automatic climate control is breeze to use in peak summer. Though I feel little lag in the power when the A/C in full speed.
The pickup is too good. Steering is responsive and gives enough feedback. Love it to the core.
Braking with ABS is good but I don’t get the same confident feeling what I get in Skoda fabia or Volkswagen polo (I worked for 6 months in Volkswagen as sales consultant).
Grip from the 185 section MRF rubber is good and adequate for most conditions.
Now to the problem part:
Second service for my car was on 5000 kms. Till the second service the mileage I got was 18.4 kmpl without A/c and 17.1 kmpl with A/c. after the second service the mileage dropped drastically to 16.66 without a/c and 12.1 kmpl with a/c. I regularly keep the temperature in ACC at 23-24 degree.
I checked this mileage in tankful to tankful method. When I complained about this in MASS they connected a OBD tool to my car and said everything is normal with my car. That device also showed my car is giving around 19.3 kmpl [evil]. I really don’t understand what’s happening with my car.
My concern is whether this mileage is Normal? Will the mileage drop up to 5kmpl when a/c is switched on? If this is not normal can you all help me out to know what went wrong? [confused]

PS: Mods please send it to correct section if this is not appropriate.

what's running pattern? how many km does it run daily? Take her on long highway trip and then check milage, My alto gave 22 kmpl on highway without a/c but here with daily running of less than 5 KM car didn't even get in 5th gear (thanks to market area + 6 speed breakers) and i'm in office, so mileage is around 13- 15 kmpl.

My dzire shows 14-16 with ac.. but calculating tankful to tankful i found out it to be 11.7-12.1.. so think there is some calibration error with the dzire MIDs (i may be wrong).. Also you just passed the second service and engine oil was changed may be the oil might take some time to free up.(once it happened with my Estilo)

Thread Starter #5
Currently I've driven 5424kms after oil change.But still no improvement.MID shows 18.5kmpl. Tankful method shows 13.7 kmpl with average a/c. I'm planning to reset my cars ECM.I don't know whether it'll make any changes.Let me try and update here.

Thread Starter #6
what's running pattern? how many km does it run daily? Take her on long highway trip and then check milage, My alto gave 22 kmpl on highway without a/c but here with daily running of less than 5 KM car didn't even get in 5th gear (thanks to market area + 6 speed breakers) and i'm in office, so mileage is around 13- 15 kmpl.
My average drive will be about 30kms. It's a mixed drive where ill drive in top gear most of the time.

Thread Starter #7
My dzire shows 14-16 with ac.. but calculating tankful to tankful i found out it to be 11.7-12.1.. so think there is some calibration error with the dzire MIDs (i may be wrong).. Also you just passed the second service and engine oil was changed may be the oil might take some time to free up.(once it happened with my Estilo)
Hi.how many kms you have run your car? Can you tell me about the pick-up drop when A/c is on?

Top Bottom