Hyundai Accent CRDi Low Mileage. Dropped To 10 - 13 Kmpl!

Thread Starter #1
Hi ,
I am using 2002 Accent Crdi, which I bought in 2011,clocked 138000 kms. Recently I had problem with my Odometer so I took car to Odometer Repair shop ,there I Discovered that My car's odometer had opened before and Odometer person said your meter's reading has been changed previously .when I bought car ,Odo reading was 1lakh kms.So I think My cars orignal reading must be between 1.5 lakh kms to 2 lakh kms .
Recently My cars FE has dropped to around 13 kms/liter , and last 2 times I checked It gave me around 11kms/liters.I have tried different diesel pumps .
I had serviced Fuel Injectors back in 2012 .
My garage person Found lickage in Turbo ,but My cars pickup is fine ,Even he said Right now Turbo Shouldn't be problem .He suggested To check Fuel Injectors again .
When I rev car in 2nd.3rd gear I notice Black smoke , but not continuously.
So what should be the problem ?Is it related to turbo ,or Injectors or Am I looking for big Engine work ?As I said I cant notice any lag in pickup .

Re: Accent Crdi low FE ,dropped to 10-13km/L !

I guess since your car has done more than 2 lac km (in actual), it would surely need an engine overhaul. Check the bore and Pistons is any gaps are there. Did you de carbonize the engine?

Finally, I dont expect a 12 year old car with 2 lac km CDRI engine to give more FE.

as Anshuman said your engine should undergo a total overhaul wit replacement of critical parts and fluids. get it done at a reputed workshop. Occasional Black smoke in certain gears is due to the carbon rich exhaust which is generally happens. But if smoke is high then there is increased amount of carbon deposits, even after doing all this the FE might increase marginally only. It's mainly because of the treatment of vehicle from the beginning as well as the number of km done. Why don't you get it replaced by another car.?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
I consulted with my garage person. we sent fuel injectors for check, n 2 of injectors came faulty ,but when Asked we came to know it has nothing to do with mileage reduce.
yesterday I pulled out Oil check gauge out ,started car engine , n there is back smoke is coming out .That means problem with piston rings , so I have to overhaul engine.I bought this car like 3 years ago , spent around 80k on car , n now engine overhaul !!!
I dont want to spend penny on this car ,so I think I should sell this car .but with faulty engine whos gonna buy this car..

I dont want to spend penny on this car ,so I think I should sell this car .but with faulty engine whos gonna buy this car..
That is best decision. What ever you get from this car invest in a good used car. If you are going for used diesel car make sure the odo is less than 50K and genuine.

Hi ,
I am using 2002 Accent Crdi, which I bought in 2011,clocked 138000 kms. Recently I had problem with my Odometer so I took car to Odometer Repair shop ,there I Discovered that My car's odometer had opened before and Odometer person said your meter's reading has been changed previously .when I bought car ,Odo reading was 1lakh kms.So I think My cars orignal reading must be between 1.5 lakh kms to 2 lakh kms .
Recently My cars FE has dropped to around 13 kms/liter , and last 2 times I checked It gave me around 11kms/liters.I have tried different diesel pumps .
I had serviced Fuel Injectors back in 2012 .
My garage person Found lickage in Turbo ,but My cars pickup is fine ,Even he said Right now Turbo Shouldn't be problem .He suggested To check Fuel Injectors again .
When I rev car in 2nd.3rd gear I notice Black smoke , but not continuously.
So what should be the problem ?Is it related to turbo ,or Injectors or Am I looking for big Engine work ?As I said I cant notice any lag in pickup .
Bro an odometer opened twice and adjusted before once or more.
How can you be that sure that the odometer showing now while you run is correct?
The meter might have slowed down that is why its showing low FE.
May be a chance check on it too.
sorry if it confused you.

Thread Starter #8
Bro an odometer opened twice and adjusted before once or more.
How can you be that sure that the odometer showing now while you run is correct?
The meter might have slowed down that is why its showing low FE.
May be a chance check on it too.
sorry if it confused you.
Yes, I am sure odo has been lowered. And car needs engine overhaul.

I am not going for diesel car. I will buy petrol car n convert to cng.
But first I have to sell this car n it's damn difficult at this condition of the car.

Top Bottom