Fuel Dispenser Machine USB Interfacing with Computer.

Thread Starter #1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_dispenser‎

A fuel dispenser is a machine at a filling station that is used to pump gasoline, diesel, CNG, CGH2, HCNG, LPG, LH2, ethanol fuel, biofuels like biodiesel, kerosene, or other types of fuel into vehicles.

Do you feel a Software application designed and developed can be also useful to the Fuel dispenser person (who fills up fuels) in the vehicles to keep track of customers, How much fuel consumed and utilized, entering the vehicle number, vehicle type (two wheeler, four wheeler etc) ?. This software will be developed for Petrol Pumps stations.

i.e. Interfacing the Fuel dispenser machine with a USB Interface to the Computer. The Computer software will detect the USB Fuel Dispenser machine similar to a USB Camera, USB Printer, USB Scanner etc.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Thank you.

Do you feel Credit / Debit Card Machine should always be available at all fuel filling stations for the customer as a choice of payment other than cash to fill fuel in their vehicles ?.

The Software application will automatically fill up the details captured by the fuel dispenser machine viz Fuel consumed/purchased/utilized viz gasoline, petrol,diesel etc, Charges to be paid by the customer, Name of the Fuel dispenser person etc as it is interfaced by the USB Cable with the Fuel Dispenser machine. All other details in the application will be filed up viz customer name, vehicle type - two/three/four wheeler, model, vehicle number etc by the fuel filling personnel. the software will track the fuel consumed on a daily basis as well as keeping track of the customers who will visit the fuel station.

Do you feel this software application if designed and developed can be useful along with the necessary supporting hardware modification in the Fuel dispenser machine ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Still I couldn't get the purpose.
Why should the fuel dispenser be bothered to track the individuals fuel consumption? What will they do with that data? Most important data to be tracked for all transactions is the Vehicle No. and the mode of payment

Similar application is already available in most of the fuel stations (enter the veh. No, you will get the details of past transactions)

Wouldn't this make fuel filling much more time-consuming?
Just a personal observation, but I would never disclose any information to the fuel station! I never even let them record my vehicle no.

One improvement they could make using already present technology is adding the option to measure dispensed of fuel by mass instead of volume. This is because mass is independent of temperature unlike volume. With volume-based measurement the actual quantity of fuel received can vary with ambient temperature, which is why I always go for fueling first thing in the morning [;)]. Anyways, the pumps already have volume and density measuring, calculating mass is simple from those!

Top Bottom