Bosch Automatic A/C Service Machine

Thread Starter #1
I have seen Bosch automatic ac service machine being used in many car a/c service centres. But recently had a chance to top up r134 gas in my indica vista car a/c. The mechanic just used a R134 cylinder a valve and a guage. On asking him whats the use of bosch machine he said its useful only in cases where gas has to be recollected and freshly filled. Is it true ?

As per my experiance, This machine is way better. I have seen this machine in MASS and used it in last december.

Though i will go to MASS for other issues, Ac check up and gas top up i done from local AC technician(even MASS guys sending cars to him for major AC works).2 year befor i replaced AC condenser in my car at his shop. But After this i always felt Ac cooling was less in my car on hot day times. In every 2-3 months, i visited him and told about my issue and he told me it is fine and has enough gas . no point in adding more gas. But i felt low cooling. later i visited to another techinician. he just refilled gas and told it is ok.Cooling was ok for some months and agian i felt it is low. When i visted MASS, they checked and told that gas is less.
I had to buy the small refill can from them and after they conected the car to machine. First they removed gas from Ac lines, then removed Air and they filled r134 gas as per the service manual with them. Pressure shown in the machine was 510(not sure about the unit). Earlier it was below 400. Cooling is perfect now. they connected the refill can(275ml) to machine and it sucked the gas from the can to the bigger cylinder
As per MASS technicians, Machine can fill with more pressure and it will be accurate than ordinary cylinder and valve tech. When you fill through machine no air will come into the line.
Except connecting the machine to L & H valves, nothing they have to do in car. machine will do the refilling and oil, once they entered the required value.

Thread Starter #3
As per my experiance, This machine is way better. I have seen this machine in MASS and used it in last december.

Though i will go to MASS for other issues, Ac check up and gas top up i done from local AC technician(even MASS guys sending cars to him for major AC works).2 year befor i replaced AC condenser in my car at his shop. But After this i always felt Ac cooling was less in my car on hot day times. In every 2-3 months, i visited him and told about my issue and he told me it is fine and has enough gas . no point in adding more gas. But i felt low cooling. later i visited to another techinician. he just refilled gas and told it is ok.Cooling was ok for some months and agian i felt it is low. When i visted MASS, they checked and told that gas is less.
I had to buy the small refill can from them and after they conected the car to machine. First they removed gas from Ac lines, then removed Air and they filled r134 gas as per the service manual with them. Pressure shown in the machine was 510(not sure about the unit). Earlier it was below 400. Cooling is perfect now. they connected the refill can(275ml) to machine and it sucked the gas from the can to the bigger cylinder
As per MASS technicians, Machine can fill with more pressure and it will be accurate than ordinary cylinder and valve tech. When you fill through machine no air will come into the line.
Except connecting the machine to L & H valves, nothing they have to do in car. machine will do the refilling and oil, once they entered the required value.
Do they use small r134 mini gas cylinder or small canister disposable type to connect to automatic ac service machine

That isn't correct the 510 and 400 have nothing to do with your cooling. An ac system is charged using the car compressor to suck in the gas it all depends on the skill and knowledge of the person the machine is not required to fill correctly.

Do they use small r134 mini gas cylinder or small canister disposable type to connect to automatic ac service machine
They filling gas in car through machine from a small gas cylinder which connected to the machine. Once enough gas filled, they remove the valves from the car ac system and connect to the small dispossible type can. then they use machine to suck gas from the can to fill the cylinder already connected in the machine.

That isn't correct the 510 and 400 have nothing to do with your cooling. An ac system is charged using the car compressor to suck in the gas it all depends on the skill and knowledge of the person the machine is not required to fill correctly.
May be. In my case, either technicians dont know the correct quantity of gas required as per each model of car / ac compressor or they were saving gas by filling only minimum required gas. This is my guess. I am not a technician and dont know much about ac systems.

Top Bottom