(My first post on TAI
I am just about to embark on some mild restoration of a 1996 Maruti 800 (Carburetor) that has been around for a while, and has long suffered from the abuse of irresponsible mechanics and had a few questions,
1. Are there any good engine decarbonizing fuel additives available locally?
2. Are they any good carburetor cleaning fuel additives available locally?
3. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement gas strut for the boot lid?
4. What is the most likely cause of excess gear lever play?
5. The clutch and throttle cables feel quite vague and soggy, how can I improve them?
6. I would like to replace the fuel filter, is there an uprated one (eg. from a larger car like a swift) that would fit?
7. Where can I get a conical air filter and how can I replace the stock one with it?
I know it's a long list, but I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out with at least a few of the questions!
Ps. I am quite comfortable with doing mechanical work myself, as I have worked on numerous more complicated restorations before, and am also cynical of most mechanics!