Maruti Ritz DDiS - Vibration with Turbo

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I have a weird issue with my RITZ Diesel which has run about 35k kms. From past 1 - 2k kms I am facing a weird issue when the Turbo spools in.

The entire vehicle vibrates crazily when turbo is kicking in @ 2000rpm in 5th gear at around 80kmph speed. This vibration was not there earlier. The vehicle was butter smooth except the push of turbo.

On contacting ASC they said Turbo needs to be replaced [cry]. Except the vibration I don't have any other issue. Power delivery is all intact. Please help me.

Thanks.

Re: Ritz DDiS - Vibration with Turbo

How old is the car ? Turbo failure at such early mileage is uncalled for.

Hope you did turbo idling regularly at morning / night.

Turnop failure is definately uncalled at this early stage of life of it.What did the ASS said cud be the reason for turbo failure?

Just get it checked by some good mechanic locally as well. The vibration could be because of some loose nut or screw on which turbo is fixed as well.

I am not tech guru, but that's my assumption. Just get it thoroughly checked outside as well.

Last edited:

Adding to this queries
what about in lower gears ? Like 2 or 3
If its 35 K the vehicle must be under warranty .Is it not covered under warranty ?
Hows the power delivery? If the power delivery is there then there is no need of a replacement.
Are you talking to MASS?

Thread Starter #6

Thanks all for the replies.

Car is 3 years old. And yes I do idle for a minute before and after drive.

Turnop failure is definately uncalled at this early stage of life of it.What did the ASS said cud be the reason for turbo failure?
They are just predicting. Not sure on the cause. [embarass]

Just get it checked by some good mechanic locally as well. The vibration could be because of some loose nut or screw on which turbo is fixed as well.

I am not tech guru, but that's my assumption. Just get it thoroughly checked outside as well.
Even I thought it could be because of lose nuts but MASS told they have tightened all the bolts.
Adding to this queries
what about in lower gears ? Like 2 or 3
If its 35 K the vehicle must be under warranty .Is it not covered under warranty ?
Hows the power delivery? If the power delivery is there then there is no need of a replacement.
Are you talking to MASS?
In all the gears there is vibration. The car is a little above 3 years, I don't think it is under warranty, I need to check if I had opted extended warranty. I don't have any issue with power delivery.

Yes I was talking to MASS, will try approaching a different MASS or outside mechanic. Hope it resolves soon.

Dear friends, I seek advice from all of you. I have Ritz vxi model. My car does not run every day but that is not problem. What I see after starting, the tachometer reading is 1000 rpm or slight more. But after travelling for some time,this starting rev goes below 1000 rpm ( say 980 )( rev at ignition,gear neutral). This amount of engine rev (980 rpm or so) is very ideal for starting. The initial 1000 rpm creates some problem to control car in tight place. Do I need to consult garage personnel? Pl comment.

Top Bottom