Problem After Upgrading Headlights in Honda Amaze

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought Honda Amaze and got the headlight upgrades with Philips Headlight Relay and Wiring Kit for H4 Bulbs and Philips 90/100 Bulbs. For the few days it was going on well but past few days while driving in 4th gear and accelerating the lights get dimmer and as soon as I leave the accelerator peddle again the light gets brighter. What might be the issue here? Can anyone guide.

Rgrds

Kanak

Hi kanak,

Problem only for the headlights? Or is there any issue with your radio or with the horn in that case?

At first try cleaning the battery terminals and check the grounding connections.

"4th gear and accelerating" Are you sure it does occurs only in this case?
Check at what rpm range does it occurs and try riding in 3rd or 2nd or even in neutral gear with the same rpm range, if the light gets dimmer then sometimes the issue can be with the alternator belt tension.

Regards.,

IMO, stay away from modifications, atleast in a new car. Makers wont entertain warranty claims, incase you face one.
@ Kichu. It seems to be a new car so problem with alternator belt is not likely. I suspect, wiring has not been done properly.

It's due to the mods outside manufacturer's specs. As anyone can say is that it is due to the lack of power your car is feeding to bulbs at times. Now question is why so? I peorsonally didn't like the NVH level of Honda Amaze Diesel, otherwise it's a real good car. Who doesn't know about the high dependability of Honda cars in this planet? It's tough to suspect any electrical circuit issue, alternator belt issue etc. etc. in a brand new Honda car. I would suggest you to revert back headlight mods.

First and easiest thing to do is check all the earth connections in the engine bay are clean and connected well and also

this is highly impossible for a new Honda car. but this also may be a issues check alternator belt slipping. this belt slip happens when you reach a certain rpm and apply load. also whether the lights in the instrument cluster also get dim?

Thread Starter #8
Hi,

As Kichu explained, I checked with neutral with the same RPM and lights does not get dim. Its only while driving in 3rd or 4th gear. Now the only option left out is replacing the relay. As other friends says its a new car so belt can not be loose.

Will try to get the relay replaced and get it checked again.

Rgrds

Kanak

Check your alternator output voltage from any local mechanic or using digital multimeter and it should be around 16-17v with engine on with headlights on.

I think there must be some issue with alternator,or engine.
Have you tried changing it to stock bulbs,change it otherwise,and still if the problem persist,remove that 100/90 watts setup,leave no traces and approach your HASS with that issue.
Do not utter about your changed bulb setup.

Hello

My friend faced the EXACT problem after upgrading his lights to 90/100 watts.
The problem he found out was in the the wiring kit and he had installed a local wiring harness and top of that the mechanic ended up cutting one of the factory wiring for the lights as the local kit needed a power source.[frustration]
I too have installed a philips kit in my 2015 amaze and found no problem of such sort.It was a ten minute DIY and required no cutting of wires.(Direct bolt on kit)
Please replace the wiring kit once again and see of the problem still persists.

Hi,

I recently bought Honda Amaze and got the headlight upgrades with Philips Headlight Relay and Wiring Kit for H4 Bulbs and Philips 90/100 Bulbs. For the few days it was going on well but past few days while driving in 4th gear and accelerating the lights get dimmer and as soon as I leave the accelerator peddle again the light gets brighter. What might be the issue here? Can anyone guide.

Rgrds

Kanak

Last edited:
Hi,

Rgrds

Kanak
hi Kanak

I have the same problem with Honda city 2009 ivtech. I have tried with new kit, and also with right side stock socket as power supply point.
Tried with new battery..

Issue taken to Honda service center, they won’t get ready fix this as this relay kit is not a part of stock supply.
Around 6-7 Outside service mens unable to fix this issue.
Plz giv me the solution for this . .

Rudragouda

Check the grounding points for the wiring kit installed, they might be loose or the relay might have an issue.
I have tried . But issue not fixed

First and easiest thing to do is check all the earth connections in the engine bay are clean and connected well and also

this is highly impossible for a new Honda car. but this also may be a issues check alternator belt slipping. this belt slip happens when you reach a certain rpm and apply load. also whether the lights in the instrument cluster also get dim?
No lights getting dim in the instrument cluster. But cabin light gets dim

Top Bottom