Chevrolet Spark Horn Problem

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends, I have an 2011 spark LT model, from past 7-8 months there is some problem in my horns, Everyday when I start the car the horns work perfect but after few min driving the sound of horn goes lower and ever sometime its stop working and sometime only 1 horn work, I went to to service center and got it replaced twice but still same problem, can anyone suggest what to do......[confused]
And I have notice in the fuse box that there is a slot for horn reply fuse but its an empty over there and there service persons also don't know where the car have horn reply or not, does anyone know about it.

Last edited:
Re: Spark Horn Problem

I had similar issue in my car a-star, i think the issue started in a raining season.
It is rectified by a technician during my foglamp installation. He did some adjustment with the adjuster screw of the horn.

Abhisek, are you sure that the horns are replaced? While replacing did you ever get the faulty horn back to you or did you see them replacing with the new horns?(Just for conforming that the service center is not cheating you)

Thread Starter #3

yes the horn was replaced by the service center as I have taken 3yrs free replacement pack from them and I have checked that the horn is was new....
I am thinking to get an extra pair or horn get fitted from outside as its get to much headache in my route to drive like this as the route is to much crowded.

Similar problem in my Alto as well. It started just after my car's 2nd birthday (note that it goes out of warranty after 2nd birthday). Though I had extended warranty, I was denied of horn replacement, I didn't do that either. I just walked to a roadside garrage and got it rectified (there was a loose connection in the horn socket). The garrage guy used his teeth to repair the said loose connection. [surprise] After that 5+ yrs have gone, and same way I went on fixing it (a rare event any ways). MASS guys don't know how to fix it, they asked for whole horn assembly change. I spend Rs. 10/- per year to the garrage guy and have kept my horn working fine till date.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

but my horn works fine in morning time when i start the car but after few mins its stop working so i don't think there is wiring problem.... as i have checked the wiring from local garage person the wire connect with horns are ok, but the horns stop working suddenly..... after few mins

Last edited:
As you are saying that the horn stops working after few mins of starting, check these things.

1. Before starting the car check the horn. Blow the horn 2-3 times.
2. Start the car and let it idle for 3-4 mins and then increase RPM and press the horn.

IF the horn does not work properly, then tune the horn with the engine on (TAKE CARE OF THE MOVING ENGINE PARTS)
This occurs many a times due to a simple reason
With increasing RPM, the horn gets more current and if the tuning is mismatched it will not work.

Yes. You need to tune the horn, you can do it with a minus/star screw driver. you can see a single screw on the back side of each horn.

Try both direction( usually it has to be clockwise, but don't know, whether the ASS guys already messed this) while somebody press and holding the Horn switch. Stop turning the screw, once you get a smooth sound.

Thread Starter #11
i tried to do that but after that the horn have started more problem, its get completely off after few secs, i tried in both direction but nothing helped, then i tried to run only the single horn which was not replaced but that also not worked at last i installed one of my old horn which sound is not good then with the old one and now I am using it as a temporary base, I think i have to get a new pair of horn with relay, can anyone say which is best for lost time. I need both Relay and Horn.......

Thread Starter #12
can anyone say does the car have any oem horn relay as there is a fuse option in fuse box or not, can I add a relay in existing horn wiring or i need to rewire to add relay....

Most of the cars don't have horn relay, but only fuse. The +ve current is always on via the fuse and the -ve is connected via the horn button. Whenever we press the horn button the circuit completes and the horn works.
To tune the horn, disconnect both the terminals from the car wiring and using another wire connect it to the battery. Tune the horn directly by the battery and then again connect the proper wiring.
I hope this will work

Top Bottom