Tata Indigo Manza QJD A/C Recirculating Mode Issue

Thread Starter #1
Sir,
My car (TATA INDIGO MANZA Quadrajet AURA-ABS) started giving TIK-TIK sound when the AC recirculating mode switch is ON. This sound goes off as soon as i switch recirculating mode. when i called Tata sevice station, he said recirculation motor has gone and it costs Rs1200+tax and labour costs 800+tax.
My car is under extended warranty but this part is not covered for AC related items (that's what service manager informed me).

Could you tell me if the costs are genuine?
and will the TIK-TIK sound indicates faulty motor or could it be some connection issue for recirculating motor?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Lk

Re: TATA INDIGO MANZA Quadrajet Recirculating mode issue

If the sound is going off when the recirculation mode is turned off, it may well be because of the motor. Do ask the Tata guy if the claim for the motor could be sent to its manufacturer. You'll have to pay for the labour though.

Re: TATA INDIGO MANZA Quadrajet Recirculating mode issue

Sir,
My car (TATA INDIGO MANZA Quadrajet AURA-ABS) started giving TIK-TIK sound when the AC recirculating mode switch is ON. This sound goes off as soon as i switch recirculating mode. when i called Tata sevice station, he said recirculation motor has gone and it costs Rs1200+tax and labour costs 800+tax.
My car is under extended warranty but this part is not covered for AC related items (that's what service manager informed me).
I had the same issue and this is a known issue in Manza. I got the air intake assembly replaced free of cost as it is covered by warranty. Another member also had the same problem and had it replaced free of charge. Please check it here

Please be firm and ask the service manager to replace it in warranty. If he refuses, tell him that you will report it to Tata motors. and send a email to customercare@tatamotors. com. That should take care of it.

Thread Starter #4
Thank you Sam.
Thank you 'Highway ranger'.
My manza was 3.5yrs old, so regular warranty period was over but i purchased Extended warranty at the time purchase of my vehicle and extended warranty booklet didn't show up recirculating motor in its inclusive list, can i still ask him to send it to manufacturer?

Thanks once again,
Regards,
Lokesh

Thank you Sam.
Thank you 'Highway ranger'.
My manza was 3.5yrs old, so regular warranty period was over but i purchased Extended warranty at the time purchase of my vehicle and extended warranty booklet didn't show up recirculating motor in its inclusive list, can i still ask him to send it to manufacturer?

Thanks once again,
Regards,
Lokesh
Yes, Lokesh. you should. This is a known problem and has to be replaced free of cost. You don't have to ask him to send it to the manufacturer, you simply ask him to get it replaced. You should also send a email to Tatamotors.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks highway ranger. they rejected my claim, i even wrote to tatamotors. They too were saying recirculating motor will be covered under warranty but not under extended warranty.

regards,
Lk

Thread Starter #8
I had glow plug issue and got it replaced under extended warranty before this recirculating issue popped up.

If you do not want to spend that money and do not use the fresh air inlet, you can ask them to keep it in closed position and remove the connection to the motor.

I for one never use the fresh air mode and for me it is always in the recycling mode. If I want fresh air I just open the window for a few minutes and that is it.

Fantastic Reply by all the members on this page. Special thanks to LK119 for highlighting this issue. just tensed today morning with the same problem while coming to office. suddenly TIK TIK sound started when i switched on my A/C. however i am now relaxed since all you guys gave me right projection (about the cost/removal of connection to motor..etc). Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom