Pre-Worshiped Palio Stile 1.6 Sport: Suggestions on Refurbishment

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Finally i have become a proud owner of a pre-worshiped 2007 Palio stile 1.6 sport which I was searching from more than 2 years now. The car has run only 33000 KM which is genuine as all the service records and history is available with the previous owner.
My only question is now is it necessary for me to replace the timing belt kit as the running is only 33K and i guess fiat recommends to change the timing belts at 60000 KMs.
I am really reluctant to do this replacement after reading all the horror stories on the forum about the shaky idle after the timing belt change. currently there is no issue with the car and the idling and the engine is butter smooth.
It would be great if i could get help from the gurus on this forum so as to understand the need for this replacement urgently or i can wait for another 10 - 15k KMs. Also if the replacement is to be done now that please advice what all parts need to be replaced. It would be great if i can have a contact of any reliable technical here in Pune who has good experience of doing this job without any hiccups.
Thanks in advance!

Re: Long search ended !! Pre-Worshiped Palio Stile 1.6 Sport

Hello Everyone,

Finally i have become a proud owner of a pre-worshiped 2007 Palio stile 1.6 sport which I was searching from more than 2 years now. The car has run only 33000 KM which is genuine as all the service records and history is available with the previous owner.
My only question is now is it necessary for me to replace the timing belt kit as the running is only 33K and i guess fiat recommends to change the timing belts at 60000 KMs.
I am really reluctant to do this replacement after reading all the horror stories on the forum about the shaky idle after the timing belt change. currently there is no issue with the car and the idling and the engine is butter smooth.
It would be great if i could get help from the gurus on this forum so as to understand the need for this replacement urgently or i can wait for another 10 - 15k KMs. Also if the replacement is to be done now that please advice what all parts need to be replaced. It would be great if i can have a contact of any reliable technical here in Pune who has good experience of doing this job without any hiccups.
Thanks in advance!
Hi,

This should give you an idea of the costs and parts involved.

Fiat Palio 1.6: Timing Belt, bearings, Camshaft Pulleys

My suggestion would be to have this checked by a mechanic and then decide. But if its not causing any problems or issues -- why change.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Long search ended !! Pre-Worshiped Palio Stile 1.6 Sport

I had referred this site for the parts. Also the mechanic who checked the car before i took the decisions to buy this machine told me to replace the timing belt without even opening the timing belt housing.
Also this change is recommended as a precautionary measure as if it snaps on the run than you are in for a expensive job of repairing the bent valves and opening the engine head. That is the reason i am a bit worried.
I would like to take a second opinion from the experiaced people from this forum or a contact for another mechanic who has a good knowledge of this fiat 1.6 mill.

Thread Starter #4
Another issue i am facing is with the speedometer acting weird. There are couple of issues related to this as mentioned below:
1. Odometer and trip meter are not working at all. rest all guages in the instrument cluster are working perfectly fine.
2. Speedometer works properly most of the time but at times it stops moving completely. At times it moves randomly not depicting the accurate speed at which the car is running. This behavior is random and it starts working normally after the car is stopped and cranked again.
All wires and connectors have been checked by the mechanic and he says its OK. I was wondering what could be the issue. Some sensor or the cluster. Please help !

fiat palio 1.2 petrol exhaust assembly

my 2002 model palio has had repeated leaks on the exhaust,where can i get a new one or a one in ok condition. i am at pithoragarh,uttarkhand

Last edited:
Another issue i am facing is with the speedometer acting weird. There are couple of issues related to this as mentioned below:
1. Odometer and trip meter are not working at all. rest all guages in the instrument cluster are working perfectly fine.
2. Speedometer works properly most of the time but at times it stops moving completely. At times it moves randomly not depicting the accurate speed at which the car is running. This behavior is random and it starts working normally after the car is stopped and cranked again.
All wires and connectors have been checked by the mechanic and he says its OK. I was wondering what could be the issue. Some sensor or the cluster. Please help !
Hi , good to know you got a 1.6 sport :)
Happie miles a head.

Please advice your mechanic to open the cluster and Check all wires are working fine.

Also check speed sensor near gearbox.
Mostly it will be a wiring loose issue. Or check for circuit break beside cluster

any suggestions on how to check exhaust leakage in my new palio exhaust which i have fitted-the leak is between the joint whwre the main exhaust assembly joins the mufler box.dont want to weld it.MSEAL may not work

Top Bottom