VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) Vs ABS (Anti-lock Brake System)

Thread Starter #1
I happened to drive a 220 mile distance over the weekend. It was a 3 hr 15 min drive. I started at aout 7:00 PM on Friday night. Most of it - about 200 miles of it was in mild rain. On 3 occasions, the vehicle skid and immediately, the VSA kicked off and the vehicle was back in control. This is the first time I saw the VSA came into picture and I immediately realized how helpful it was. How is this VSA different from ABS? Is it the same- just different names from different manufacturers? I was driving a Honda Odyssey. It is equiped with VSA and a button to turn it off too.

Thread Starter #3
Hi tai_newbie,
VSA is another term for ESP by Honda.
Regards,
Aneesh.
Thanks for the quick reply Aneesh! Sorry for my Ignorance. But what is ESP? Googling tells me it is Electronic shift problems? If this is correct, how is this related to regaining the control during a skid?

Thanks for the quick reply Aneesh! Sorry for my Ignorance. But what is ESP? Googling tells me it is Electronic shift problems? If this is correct, how is this related to regaining the control during a skid?
ESP= Electronic Stability Program
Both ESP and VSA are different trade names/terminologies for Electronic Stability Control called ESC.

Top Bottom