Coil Spring Adjuster

Thread Starter #1
Hi All..

I am planning to get these for for my cars (800 & Enjoy). As at the rear it bottoms out in full load and feels uncomfortable.

These adjusters help to make the suspension stiffer and avoids full compression of the coils / springs.

Please let me know if any one has tried these, are there any specific sizes for each car ? Also main thing availability of these adjusters in Bangalore / online. (Any dealer contact).

Pictures source : google

Attachments

Last edited:
I have heard about o-sulee spring cushions but they are bit costly to get it.
I'm also in search of similar and affordable product.

Spring Cushion - YouTube

Quoting the words from my one of friend with the experience of adding these cushions in his A-star.
"Haha.. Well, to start of, my wife actually pushed me to get a pair for the rears. She said it will suit my driving style and habits especially when we or she (wife doesnt know how to drive) is in a hurry.

I just equalized the body roll resistance since the car already has an anti-roll stabilizer bar in the front suspension. Since the rear suspension doesnt have a set, I opted to put it in.

Cornering is a lot easier during high speeds. From an overpass or cloverleaf exit with a long 360 degree curve, you can maintain and hold a speed of 80kph without slipping nor tires screaming for traction. It helped the front stab bars and makes the lateral roll transition from side to side a bit easier on the steering wheel as well.

I havent ried nor tested it yet doing the Scandi Flick though.. if Id get the chance to do it in a controlled area, I will PM you.

All in all I was impressed on the handling especially the ride and feel on the road. Potholes are common here in Manila especially after the rainy season, and bumps are abundant. It helped ease the rough ride.
"

Attachments

Last edited:
Last edited:
I had used these on my i10. They are actually called Coil Spring Assisters. They are manufactured by Mr. Darryl Menezes from Mumbai. Let me get his number and e-mail from my laptop and then I'll post it here. He'll tell you who stocks them in Bangalore.
Edit:
Auto Runner
Darryl Menezes
Mob: 9821047448
dxmenezes@yahoo.co.uk

Here's the link to the photos:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...stal-white-i10-kappa2-sportz-6.html#post95997
Well seems like a brilliant solution ,i am just fed up with the bouncy nature on my i20 ,although such soft suspension ensure greater grip on our uneven roads,i feel its a bit too much & needs a tiny bit of stiffness.

Also i noticed with over soft suspension grip is lost if its a consistent pot hole with many bumps or recurring humps, this is cos wheel stays air borne for longer duration as wheel is bouncing & stays up in the air like a basket ball getting more energy to bounce higher.( Read this somewhere also)

Thread Starter #8
Thanks every one.. I had called Darryl and he was quoting 2300 rs for a pair.
I guess the price is reasonable. Any other pointers..

Hi Peter, I would like to ask a question, wont the coils get bent in long term usage since one round of coil wont be functional at all.

Thanks every one.. I had called Darryl and he was quoting 2300 rs for a pair.
I guess the price is reasonable. Any other pointers..

Hi Peter, I would like to ask a question, wont the coils get bent in long term usage since one round of coil wont be functional at all.
Hi Varun

In my lancer I had the same problem especially the front suspension as it was very low. So I did a blunter by removing the coil springs from the struts, stretched a bit and hardened with heat treatment. Of-course the height was increased but later I found the tyres were wearing down unevenly and ultimately lost a set of tyres. Then I changed the coil springs with new ones and it came back to the old condition. But here you are increasing the height with the pads, and it will have the same cushioning effect, I feel any amount of increase in height from the standard specification may affect the stability of the car at a higher speed. Anyway I am not an expert on this.

wont the coils get bent in long term usage since one round of coil wont be functional at all.
Ofcourse adding the coil spring spacers will reduce the durability of springs. It depends on the following factors,
1) Location where the spacer is placed (Top, middle, bottom)
2) Size / height of the spacer (more height --> more stress on springs --> easy to fail)
3) Stiffness of the spacer (higher stiffness --> higher probability to fail)
4) Driving condition (Solo driving / partially loaded / fully loaded)

Thread Starter #11
Hi Varun
Then I changed the coil springs with new ones and it came back to the old condition. But here you are increasing the height with the pads, and it will have the same cushioning effect, I feel any amount of increase in height from the standard specification may affect the stability of the car at a higher speed. Anyway I am not an expert on this.
Here I am not increasing the height of the car, my main concern is to reduce the coils compressing fully when the car is loaded. Which makes uncomfortable and bottoming down of the suspension.

Ofcourse adding the coil spring spacers will reduce the durability of springs. It depends on the following factors,
1) Location where the spacer is placed (Top, middle, bottom)
2) Size / height of the spacer (more height --> more stress on springs --> easy to fail)
3) Stiffness of the spacer (higher stiffness --> higher probability to fail)
4) Driving condition (Solo driving / partially loaded / fully loaded)
So which place is the best to reduce wear and tear. Or is it good that change the position of the spacer frequently (may be every 5k kms).

The car would be driven around with minimum 3 people and 50% with full load 7 people.

Possibility to fail -> dint understand this point.

So which place is the best to reduce wear and tear. Or is it good that change the position of the spacer frequently (may be every 5k kms).
Fixing at the bottom is best recommended.
From the reviews I read so far, never heard of spring premature failure after adding the spacers. Theoretically adding spacer will reduce the durability life of spring, but in actual there were no cases reported. So I don't think there will be a need to change the position periodically.

Thread Starter #15
Finally could not resist so got it done from my local garage !

Its a tough task indeed, now the ride feels settled and bit bumpy. It would require alteast 1000 kms to settle down. Let me check the performance and update it here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom