Hyundai Fluidic Verna VTVT SX Engine Cooling Queries

Thread Starter #1
In our previous car Maruti 800, Aulto and many others, after a long run or so when the engine get hotter or after a certain heat range if you stop the engine the engine cooling fan keeps running to cool down the engine and after sometime the fan automatically turned off when the engine heat reduced. In that case I need to turn the key to on position.

But in Verna does the same thing happens? After a long run or after a certain engine heat limit does the fan keep running to reduce the engine heat? And do I need to keep the key on after shutting down the engine?

Today after a run around 20km when bring it to home nothing like that happened, I kept the key on for few minutes but nothing happened. I noticed the same thing earlier when I did over 60 km drive and back to home.
I want to know in Verna after stopping the engine, if engine is hotter how the cooling function works. Or it cool down the engine when the engine is running only? Please suggest. Thanks.

Today after a run around 20km when bring it to home nothing like that happened, I kept the key on for few minutes but nothing happened. I noticed the same thing earlier when I did over 60 km drive and back to home.
I want to know in Verna after stopping the engine, if engine is hotter how the cooling function works. Or it cool down the engine when the engine is running only? Please suggest.
Thermostats are responsible for switching on/off of radiator fans. When the Thermostat senses the engine is Hot, Radiator fan is swithed on. These things happen occassionally, Circutes of Radiator Fan are designed such a way that it switch on/off whether the engine is switched on or off. You don't need to worry as long as there is no heating issues with the car [:)].
Next time after a hard run Allow the car to idle for minuets, The fan will switch on as the heat exchange to surroundings is now low.

Top Bottom