Indica DLS BS 3 Stopping Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

My India DLS is giving me a strange problem. After driving it for 100 kms., I stopped on a signal and when I pressed the clutch while stopping the vehicle it switches off the engine. It got repeated on almost every signal. The idle RPM is 950 in my car which was changed by the mechanic from 1100 to 950. Current mileage of the car is 1.26 lac., 2009 model. Please guide me what to do to resolve this issue.

Hi,

My India DLS is giving me a strange problem. After driving it for 100 kms., I stopped on a signal and when I pressed the clutch while stopping the vehicle it switches off the engine. It got repeated on almost every signal. The idle RPM is 950 in my car which was changed by the mechanic from 1100 to 950. Current mileage of the car is 1.26 lac., 2009 model. Please guide me what to do to resolve this issue.
Welcome to TAI sngbwo[clap]

Happy to see another Indica owner here:)

Few questions from myside:
Are you facing any problem while climbing a slope?
How about the temperature of engine during the incident?
When you restarting the car, is it starting normally?

Thread Starter #3
Welcome to TAI sngbwo[clap]

Happy to see another Indica owner here:)

Few questions from myside:
Are you facing any problem while climbing a slope?
How about the temperature of engine during the incident?
When you restarting the car, is it starting normally?
thanks a lot for your response ,
temp indicator was in just middle. not faced any problem in climbing. when started again , start normally but switched off on every signal approx 10 to 15 times. being a power steering vehicle it is very dangerous in heavy traffic . pl inform what is ideal rpm for my car

Thread Starter #4
temp indicator was in just middle. not faced any problem in climbing. when started again , start normally but switched off on every signal approx 10 to 15 times. being a power steering vehicle it is very dangerous in heavy traffic . pl inform what is ideal rpm for my car

The idle rpm is 9 and 10 after AC is ON. Did you recently changed alternator or AC belts, if yes then it might be over tight.

Hi,

Hi sngbwo,
Considering your vehicle has run 1.26 lac km and assuming your vehicle hasn't undergone engine rebuild. There will be lack of compression pressure and expansion pressure in the combustion process as there will be wear in the piston and cylinder alignment. So, with rpm set at 950 the engine cant handle the load of Ac compressor and alternator at that speed. I suggest you put your foot on the accelerator pedal and raise the rpm to 1100 and clutch the vehicle to see whether it switches of not .
Thankyou,
satyabobby9

Top Bottom