Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Thread Starter #1
Hai friends.My research continues till i get a solution for fixing a tachometer in my car so i post the picture of the car interior panels and ECM connector diagram.

Please Help me out tech guru's[confused][confused]

these are detail pictures i collected from my car.

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Re: Need Advice for fixing Tachometer for my RITZ LXi

Ritz use a Bosch Motronic ECM 0 261 S04 474 unit which consist of two 56 Pin connector.Not a 46 pin connector.

As i got a swift workshop manual engine wiring diagram from (petrolic referred site) which has different ecm unit.I think after 2009 BS IV standard applied in Indian automotive so all ECM in 4 cylinder petrol engine uses Bosch ECM unit not DENSO ECM so anyone has pin diagram or any idea about how to trace this type of this ECM pin details.[roll]

Like below i posted so that i can trace the cable for Engine RPM signal out as BROWN refer for tachometer signal but in my car ECM there are more than 5 brown color cable come from ECM so i am totally confused.[frustration]

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
Re: Need Advice for fixing Tachometer for my RITZ LXi

E23, pin4 in pinout. Wire bunch confusing :D
Devile its not Bosch ECM pin detail it is old 2004 swift ECM connector i posted it for sample so if any one has this Bosch ECM 56 pin detail can post the diagram like above i posted or any update idea's are welcome.[roll]

Hi kannan.,

Whats about tacho connection, any progress?

My car is A-star vxi, since it is lacking a tacho i got it installed using the A-star zxi tacho and its working perfectly.

Tacho installation in A-star is quite easy. May be in rits, tacho installation will be a bit complicated.

I will try to throw some light for you, can you please tell me how many wire are coming out from the tachometer?

Thread Starter #6
Hi kannan.,

Whats about tacho connection, any progress?

My car is A-star vxi, since it is lacking a tacho i got it installed using the A-star zxi tacho and its working perfectly.

Tacho installation in A-star is quite easy. May be in rits, tacho installation will be a bit complicated.

I will try to throw some light for you, can you please tell me how many wire are coming out from the tachometer?

Thank you so much kichu i got a spark that devile installed a ritz tacho meter in its estilo car has he mentioned the color coding in the cable as the tachometer signal cable color was yellow white and backlit color was yellow black so i came to conclusion that why not tacho signal in ritz be yellow white nor brown as estilo.

so my i known which cable in A-Star tacho signal was connected and how do you traced and connected the tachometer give me some snap with detailed so that i will instal it ok.

Thanks in Advance friend... [clap]

Ritz tachometer consist of 4 cable connector as red,black,yellow white and yellow black.another dout i need to slice the cable or any connector available for this.

Last edited:
Okay., that good.

Wires seems to be different, in A-star its the Brown wire.

The easiest place to get the rpm signal is from the EPS module, no need to get the connection directly from the ecu.

I dont know whether there is any connector for it, any problem for slicing? Are you under the warranty period?

i need to slice the cable or any connector available for this.
No need to slice.Something called locks (or scotchlocks can't remember the exact name ) are available.Almost anything can be installed without slicing the wires using these locks.
Got reverse sensors installed without slicing reverse light wire.

i need to slice the cable or any connector available for this.
No need to slice.Something called locks (or scotchlocks can't remember the exact name ) are available.Almost anything can be installed without slicing the wires using these locks.

(mods please delete this since i am not able to do so.Duplicate posts were posted by mistake )

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Okay., that good.

Wires seems to be different, in A-star its the Brown wire.

The easiest place to get the rpm signal is from the EPS module, no need to get the connection directly from the ecu.

I dont know whether there is any connector for it, any problem for slicing? Are you under the warranty period?
I know EPS carries the rpm signal but my doubt is is there any other source as EPS is very main unit like ECM and i don't want slice the cable it must be a plug and play setup.

I will post a sample pic of old swift EPS pin details.

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
Happieeeee[:D][:D] News friends my research finally ends with the solution of the tachometer installation to done soon today going to place order in nearest MPG store will fit when i get all materials i needed.[;)]

picture taken in my cell phone cam so clarity is low sorry for that.

The location i want to mention with detailed picture of my car interior.

Under the gear box EPS module is located.

found some connector under the junction box may front fog lamp optional connectors i think.

Will update soon with the updated Tachometer in my car ritz LXi

Attachments

Thread Starter #13
AAha,. Congrats :)

In A-star EPS is under the steering wheel itself.

Presently I'm with the stock tacho in my car. In the coming days I may switch to this kind of tacho with the shift light indications.
20131012_160445.mp4 - YouTube

Finally ordered the tachometer in MGP store will deliver the tacho on or before Saturday and it cost's Rs 1032 and bracket Rs 15.60 screw's each one rupee.

once i get it will start the work and will post the detailed review of the installation.

Kichu auto gauge has many advantage but OEM will look great and original but market tacho will not be good look in my point of view.

Thread Starter #14
Hey petroholic finally our dreams end with solution and where can i get this scotch locks i searched in net but its not available in India i think.Many video's are there but in eBay its available only in 100 units i just need 3 to 6 units only.If you get link in online purchase in India post or PM me.

Price is almost same, but for me it took about 10 to 15 days.

ya thats true, it will look entirely different.

Kannan, scotchlocks are new to me. When i had a little search I found there are people who says negatives about it. I'm saying this not to discourage you and may be you have already gone through it, but if you dont then have a search and find the solutions for those negatives.

10 x MIXED SCOTCHLOK SCOTCHLOKS SCOTCHLOCK SCOTCHLOCKS WE SELL YELLOW RED & BLUE | eBay
10pcs cost almost close to 400rs.
if 100 pcs don't cost you much then get the pack of 100 and sell the remaining pcs to any car accessories shop[;)]

Top Bottom