Bulge on the Front Left Tyre

Thread Starter #1
Hi - Have identified the small bulge on the front left tyre. Iam keeping the tyre pressure at 34. Punture shop guy told me to rotate the tyre to back. He is saying it will cause problem while doing the hight speeds >100+. Is it really a problem ? Bulge is there but i didnt find any problem in the tyre condition. Can i rotate the tyre to back or do you want me to use the 5th tyre?

Vehicle: Fiat punto Emotion+(MJD)

Bulge in tyre is not to be ignored. Tyre can burst while you are driving. It happened to me 2-3 months ago.

Is this is original tyre? How many kilo metres have been done? Tyres need to be replaced around 50,000 km.

Hi - Have identified the small bulge on the front left tyre. Iam keeping the tyre pressure at 34. Punture shop guy told me to rotate the tyre to back. He is saying it will cause problem while doing the hight speeds >100+. Is it really a problem ? Bulge is there but i didnt find any problem in the tyre condition. Can i rotate the tyre to back or do you want me to use the 5th tyre?

Vehicle: Fiat punto Emotion+(MJD)
How old is the tyre? Years & ODO? And which brand?

If it's not pretty old/used, you can check with the concerned brand dealer for replacement. Bulging is basically due to manufacturing / material defects and all tyre companys will replace it. Depending on the age/usage and brand, they may pro-rate it. However, it all depends on your negotiation skills.

For time being or until you replace it, use it as spare tyre.

Replace the tire immediately.

If the tire is under warranty you can get it replaced.I suggest you go to dealer where you purchased it from.If the car was part of the original equipment, then you need to contact the car dealer.

Moving the tire from front to back won't be safe either.

Bulge to be taken seriously especially on the high way.It can be disastrous.
As suggested, if it is new check with dealer for replacement.

Thread Starter #6
Mine is 2 yrs old vehicle and i have done 20,000 kms. Its appollo accelar tyre. and i will going to change it today only as safety is the priority to me.

Is this the original tire that came with the vehicle?

Please consult with your car dealer before you purchase the tire from elsewhere.

Please consult with the car dealer to make sure of the warranty associated with the tires.

Most tire manufacturer give a 1 year warranty, but now a days some have come with longer warranty periods as well.

Top Bottom