Chevrolet Optra Sunroof Gone Kaput. Need Help.

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I own a Pre-owned 2004 model Chevrolet Optra 1.8 LT Automatic Sedan, with Sunroof/Moonroof

It is a gem of a car and rides beautifully [:)]! It's sunroof doesn't seem to work - it doesn't open up (the beading around it needs to be changed and the mechanism needs to be worked on), as per my observations!

Can someone throw light on how to fix it? I'm in Chennai and it'd be great if anyone can point me to any person who can do this in Chennai!

Hi,

Welcome to The Automotive India. IMO you should try speaking to your Chevrolet dealer. I am sure he will do the needful, and if he cant, the technicians would guide you to the nearest outlet dealing with sunroofs. Also you can contact Webasto guys, hope you have the dealership in chennai.

For the mechanism it could be as little as a fuse or electrical issue and as large as a motor failure.Take it to a competent electrician first and get the roof electricals checked.

The beading should be available through chevy or from a auto parts shop.

Check for Webasto dealer your city, they are the masters when it comes to Sun/Moon roofs. I am pretty sure guys at chevy won't be trained enough to handle it if the issue is beyond just the beading.

Top Bottom