Hyundai Santro Key Replacement!

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
A friend threw away the keys hoping that I would catch it went into a gutter

He's standing 5 ft away from an open gutter and I just raised my hand telling him not to throw the keys but still he did that. You don't know how furious I was because this person always do foolish kiddish things.

the same guy went down[accident) with my 4 days old thunderbird taking me as well.

But I didn't care for the bike as he was bleeding. I mentioned this in my thunderbird thread as well.

I was afraid that I have i10's gearlock spare keys and I don't have santro's. But good thing was that it was santro's. So I have an extra set of keys.

So my question is

1. how much will I have to pay for an original key replacement from hyundai? I saw that I had a local.copy as well but it wasn't working.

2. Since the key is in the gutter with gear lock key as well, should I change the gear lock as well?
The gutter was a good 4 ft deep, as my friend was thinking of taking out the keys, so he checked how deep the gutter was with a stick.

3. Now since I have extra spare keys for santro, I don't have extra geat lock key for my i10. so is it possible to have a duplicate of gear lock keys.

I don't have the key card which I got with the set. With the help of the card having key number one can ask original keys from the manufacturer.

5. how much a new gear lock will cost me in case I decide to change the gear lock?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Santro Key Replacement!

And I forgot to add.

I don't think the car has immobilizer. I don't see any sign. It is a 2009 santro xing.

Also, i'm not a bad catcher :p I was standing at the driver's side which was just 1 ft from the gutter. And my friend was moving towards his bike from the passenger's side.

He took the key from me to have some fun. And when he threw the keys it hit te windshield, miles away from me and straight into the gutter. [anger]

Thread Starter #3

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Santro Key Replacement!

My friend woke up.early in the morning and asked a jamedar to find the keys before heading for the office [:)] all in all he realized his mistake and did the right thing.

So now no need to know about 2nd and last point.

Also dad scolded me for taking too much tension for a mere key and that too near my home. I was just afraid that I don't have the gear lock keys which will cause trouble.

So now what are you looking for.

Its really good that you didn't kick the friend into the gutter to look for the keys.

Thread Starter #5

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
So now what are you looking for.

Its really good that you didn't kick the friend into the gutter to look for the keys.
1st and the 3rd point if you have any knowledge.

A 3rd friend was saying if it were my keys i'd have thrown him to find the keys just like you said [:D]

Not sure of the prices.But you will need to submit the papers to the car to get the spare keys.There should be some number along with they keys you need to submit that.

Agree with Jarpickle, You would need to give your car's key number to dealer or manufacturer, Then after depends on dealer how fast they would be going to give you new keys. It's all very long process. It may take 1 months or less. Can't say about it. It may cost you approx. 1000-1500. If you make duplicate key so it will cost you approx 500 Rs. depends on key size and design.

Thread Starter #8

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Not sure of the prices.But you will need to submit the papers to the car to get the spare keys.There should be some number along with they keys you need to submit that.
Agree with Jarpickle, You would need to give your car's key number to dealer or manufacturer, Then after depends on dealer how fast they would be going to give you new keys. It's all very long process. It may take 1 months or less. Can't say about it. It may cost you approx. 1000-1500. If you make duplicate key so it will cost you approx 500 Rs. depends on key size and design.
Thanks for the reply. when I go at the service center will surely ask the cost of the key. And will update it Here.

Top Bottom