Fuel Injector Cleaning of Swift VDi

Thread Starter #1
hi, friends
I have swift vdi which around 66120km. yesterday I went to service station to service my car but service advisor told to clean fuel injection but I have not clean fuel injection. does it required to clean fuel injection of swift vdi? if yes than after how much kilometers it should be cleaned. I am getting fuel efficiency about 17 to 18 km in city and 24 to 25 km in Highway. after how many kilometers we should do the engine flush. please reply

Re: fuel injection cleaning of swift vdi

If your engine is slugging or knocking in lower RPM or pulling capacity has dropped, you may need to clean the fuel injector.
Since you have driven nearly 65K, it may warrant that for safer side.

Amit1km@

Is it same for petrol model also?
The symptoms you mentioned may be due to other reason also. right?
How this cleaning need to be done? ie any cleaning liquid or manualy remove and do cleaning by mechanics.

There will be fuel injector for both petrol and diesel engine.
If your fuel injector nozzle is filled with dirt, then your combustion chamber may not get enough fuel required for power resulting some sluggish performance.
I think more appropriate word will be engine smoothness will be gone.
Yes, those mentioned symptoms could happen due to some other reason like bad fuel pump,adulterate fuel , damaged spark plug(petrol engine) etc etc. I don't really know many reason for knocking.

Cleaning can be done by chemical liquid or by mechanic. Take your call on that.

Last edited:
brijesh41183:Take your car to Bosch service station and get the injectors cleaned, serviced and flow tested.

Agast Brothers Auto Works Pvt. Ltd.
Plot No- 58, Service Ind. Area,
Sector- 23, Turbhe,
Navi Mumbai
Pin Code: 400 705
Maharashtra
Contact Person: Mr.Madhu Nayar
Mobile: 9819010998
Alternate Phone: 027 832143 / 4938
Mail Id: madhukalams@gmail.com

Please call them and confirm if they offer injector cleaning,servicing and flow testing.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
hi friends
I have asked to Bosch service station as well as MASS about cleaning fuel injection they quoted me

Bosch service station rs 6000

MASS rd 1500

I does not get any problem in my swift vdi which you have told but my mileage little decreases. can I do the fuel injection cleaning work at next service interval or do before it. is there any DIY ( do it yourself) which can do. please reply.

Have you checked the air filter and fuel filter?

Have you emptied the fuel sedimenter?

Bosch is more expensive because they clean the injectors physically and they flow test it as well.Please ask them about what all is included in the injector cleaning.

As for DIY, you can empty the sedimenter and clean the air filter yourself.Check your owners manual for instructions.

hi friends
I have changed the air filter as well as fuel filter. what is. fuel sedimenter in swift? please reply.
Water and dirt are heavier than fuel, so they are trapped, away from the funnel edge. They fall under gravity, and settle at the base of the sedimenter.

A cup like part. [roll]

I am experiencing Jerks/Shudder with acceleration especially with Light Throttle Openings. Same while stepping off the throttle too. This isn't felt when the throttle pedal is floored. Moreover, Idle is surging too.

Something with Dirty Fuel Injectors? Or need to check other points like Throttle Position Sensor / Dirty Throttle Body / Dirty Air Filter / Dirty Fuel Filter / MAF? What to check or something else?

Note - 50K Service due in a week or two.

What I would suggest is trying using System D or Abro Fuel injector cleaner for the next two to three consequetive tank fulls and see if it helps. I regularly use System G in my petrol car and System D in my Diesel car to keep the fuel injectors clean.

hi, friends
I have swift vdi which around 66120km. yesterday I went to service station to service my car but service advisor told to clean fuel injection but I have not clean fuel injection. does it required to clean fuel injection of swift vdi? if yes than after how much kilometers it should be cleaned. I am getting fuel efficiency about 17 to 18 km in city and 24 to 25 km in Highway. after how many kilometers we should do the engine flush. please reply
Do you feel something wrong with the engine how it perform? Maybe you dont need any and the mechanic only want to charge you for cleaning them?

Have you try a bottle of Fuel Injection Cleaners? The ones that you poor in your gas tank and mix with the gasoline. Try that first.

Hope to hear from you how everything goes.

Isaac

I am experiencing Jerks/Shudder with acceleration especially with Light Throttle Openings. Same while stepping off the throttle too. This isn't felt when the throttle pedal is floored. Moreover, Idle is surging too.

Something with Dirty Fuel Injectors? Or need to check other points like Throttle Position Sensor / Dirty Throttle Body / Dirty Air Filter / Dirty Fuel Filter / MAF? What to check or something else?

Note - 50K Service due in a week or two.
I am facing the same problem with fiesta (clocked 66000km). Can you help?

Top Bottom