Gear Oil Leak

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys!

Yesterday late night while coming back from some work I scratched my esteem vxi under body on a stone speed about 10-15 kmph and after driving from that point about 3 kms to my home I noticed an oil leak [frustration]. It was leaking from front left end just below engine.

It was late night so could not call any mechanic but did not start my car afterwards as somebody told me it could freeze my car engine [shock].

Today morning I noticed almost all the oil has leaked. It must have taken about 40 minutes more to full empty after I parked my car (considering it was leaking drip drip).

Have called a local mechanic.

What could I have damaged? I hope it is not something expensive[cry].

Thread Starter #3
It could be the oil sump. The sump alone would cost around 500 - 700 rs. Labour depends on the mechanic or the garage.
[frustration] Let us see still waiting for mechanic to come at my place. Should I consider the cost of 1000/- including labor?[confused]

The oil sump might have gone. Check thoroughly for sump crack which may not be detected initially but may appear again.

Thread Starter #6
Got it checked from the local mechanic he is telling the damage is not to oil sump but to gearbox cover and it will cost 2500/- to repair it with welding and fully opening the gearbox.

It is really bad. If gear box opening is required do not get it done from local mechanic.
You are going to fiddle with one of the important part of the car.So get it done with Service center.

Don't go to weld.It will start leaking again soon.Try to find a used gearbox cover or buy a new one.

Also check if any other damage was done below the car.

Thread Starter #9
It is really bad. If gear box opening is required do not get it done from local mechanic.
You are going to fiddle with one of the important part of the car.So get it done with Service center.
If I can get a used cover then can I go to the local guy.

Don't go to weld.It will start leaking again soon.Try to find a used gearbox cover or buy a new one.

Also check if any other damage was done below the car.
What are the charges that I can expect in ASC including towing away from home. The local ASC is about 9 Km from my home and the local guy is 5 Km.

Used cover will cost me how much?

Last edited by a moderator:
For a new one you can enquire about the costs from a local MGP dealer in your area.You can find them at www.mgp.co.in

For a used one you will have to go to the gujri.The prices vary, but it should cost a fraction of the new one.But new is new.If you decide to go with a used one, take your mechanic along and remember to inspect the part thoroughly before you pay.

Can you tell me what is the model of your car.Is it 413/415/416.It should be mentioned on the plate in the engine bay that contains the chassis number etc.

Thread Starter #13
For a new one you can enquire about the costs from a local MGP dealer in your area.You can find them at www.mgp.co.in

For a used one you will have to go to the gujri.The prices vary, but it should cost a fraction of the new one.But new is new.If you decide to go with a used one, take your mechanic along and remember to inspect the part thoroughly before you pay.

Can you tell me what is the model of your car.Is it 413/415/416.It should be mentioned on the plate in the engine bay that contains the chassis number etc.
sb_25:Can you update the year and model of the car.

Here is the picture of cars vin no.

Attachments

Top Bottom