Any Oil Coolants For 4 Stroke Engines?

Thread Starter #1
I own pulsar 150cc(Modle 2013), pulsar Engine get's heated up to High temperature while we travel in speed 55 - 60 Kms , I heard that some coolant kind thing ve been mixed with common Engine oil. Any one aware of such kind, if so can you please suggest me,I guess this will help engine run smoothly & with low temperature(Sry for bad english)!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It must be some kind of additive that is added to the oil.

I have messaged some other Bike owners on the Forum.Maybe they can guide you.

Never heard of it.
I use 20w50 engine oil for my 350cc bullet.
Oil has a life too, & I suggest a total replacement once a year.
I am planning to add the Avenger radiator & use synthetic oil next year.

Thread Starter #4
I think its better to use best oil. Can you at least suggest me which one would be the best " oil " of your own experience.

What grade of oil is recommended by Bajaj?Stick with the same grade ex.20w40 or 20w50

I have seen a lot of people uses ELF MOTO oils here.Remember to change the oil every 5000kms/ 1 year.

I own pulsar 150cc(Modle 2013), pulsar Engine get's heated up to High temperature while we travel in speed 55 - 60 Kms , I heard that some coolant kind thing ve been mixed with common Engine oil. Any one aware of such kind, if so can you please suggest me,I guess this will help engine run smoothly & with low temperature(Sry for bad english)!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Please use the right viscosity oil recommended by bajaj , i think you are using thick oil , it increases temperature. 55 - 60 speeds are very normal .
By the way if you want bang for buck , than use Gulf semi synthetic oil , its best in class oil , i used many oils but nothing beats gulf oil , smooth and does not loose its strength easily . price just 200 rs .

1.The thing you are talking about(what i guess) is a pure synthetic.Its helps in run the engine smoothly because of less friction and hence reduces the heat due to less friction.It was available like 5yrs ago in chennai since during those time semi-syn and syn oil were not available.

2.Best I will choose is the shell ax7(10w-40)- semi-syn and the top most is the shell ultra(full synthetic) (10w-40)

since both are carry the suffix 40 they can't be used with the pulsars.

the recommended oil grade for the pulsars are 20w-50.so the oils you choose must be xW-50.

X-stands for any digit.

So,you need to stick with the motul oils that carry's the requirement.

first try semi syn because full syn oils are costly (850-900)

semi-syn(350-450)

Thread Starter #9
Please use the right viscosity oil recommended by bajaj , i think you are using thick oil , it increases temperature. 55 - 60 speeds are very normal .
By the way if you want bang for buck , than use Gulf semi synthetic oil , its best in class oil , I used many oils but nothing beats Gulf oil , smooth and does not loose its strength easily . price just 200 rs .
After my second free service I'm facing such problem!!! Now I don't want to believe "Bajaj showroom Guy" again. No problem if it cost, All I need is durability, smooth engine & reduce temp. do you think "Gulf" would be best?????

So,you need to stick with the Motul oils that carries the requirement.

First try semi synthetic because full synthetic oils are costly (850-900)

semi-synthetic(350-450)
Sound's good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
After my second free service I'm facing such problem!!! Now I don't want to believe "Bajaj showroom Guy" again. No problem if it cost, All I need is durability, smooth engine & reduce temp. do you think "Gulf" would be best?????

Dont trust bajaj guys but Please trust the Manual . Choose recommended viscosity , whatever it is and Gulf brand is best.
by the way , how do you know bike is over heating , is it loosing power ?
please explain.

If money is no problem , than use motul synthetic oil. its best of the best oil in india.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
how do you know bike is over heating , is it loosing power ?
please explain.

If money is no problem , than use motul synthetic oil. its best of the best oil in india.
I ve no idea with loosing power ?.. Once engine reaches up 5 - 6 * 1000 Rpm i can feel their is a sudden raise in temperature which takes long time get cooled, wht could happen if i reach 9 - 10 lol... is this a common issue or problem with my bike i don't understand. My only guess, if i use a best Oil that would fix it...

just do me a favour. Grab your bike's tool kit and unscrew a spark plug preferably right.

Check the colour of the plug.I would welcome a snap of it.

Results from colour:

White-lean mixture(Cause of over heating)

Brown-perfect mixture(you don't need to worry)

black-rich mixture

Top Bottom