700 Kms Run Bajaj Pulsar 220 Giving Problems

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

Got my beast delivered on 9th september.
Was having an enjoyable break-in with my p220.
Friday I gave my bike for the 1st service at 640kms
The complaints I gave:

Too much noise from the stator/magnet side.That gat gat gat sound.

Yesterday had to go to the hospital to check on my friends and then the problem arose.

My bike stopped for a second like it lost its idle.The next time I push the electric start switch,I got a really bad sound from the magnet DANG. again pushed the button and the same sound.My heart stopped for the second.

Went to the nearest mechanic and he said that the magnet has gone lose fallen inside the case.

Again a heart attack.He opened and check and the magnet was safe my god[surprise]

called the manger of the jai bajaj and he instructed the mechanic to check the carb plange and yeah it was the problem.The screw were lose and the problem was solved.

But still after taking from the service I get the GAT GAT GAT sound.

I asked this mechanic and to my surprise there were 2 p220 that came for service and had run more than 2000kms.

There was not even the sign of the sound in their bikes.

Asked the SA of the showroom and he says that the original sound of the bike.

I am fed and what should I do.Please help [confused]

Find another 220 to compare with.Drive that bike and check the sounds.If there is no sound, call the Bajaj helpline or write an email to them.Get them to solve the problem or to replace the bike.

Faced similar problem when i bought my P220 year back. Don't remember what they did exactly, but did change the Magnet assy U/W and the noise was gone.

Try approaching a different SVC and see.

Top Bottom