Scorpio VLX M-Hawk Brake Issue. Need Support.

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends.i am new to this forum. This is Balaji from coimbatore. I own a used mahindra Scorpio vlx 2010model.I bought this car @90000 KMs. Here i found many usefull solutions provided in this forum.
Here my quiery is recently i done my 1lakh KM service done in CAI Coimbatore.

After that it was fine and i done 2500KM after 1lakh km Service, But the problem is recenly i drive my car to Guruvayoor Temple in Kerala with my family. It was monsoon in Kerala so it was raining heavily so most of the roads i drove have pothholes and in bad condition it was 350KM round trip. On this drive after doing some 100KMS i found some grrrrrr noise whenever i apply the brake. Inever faced this issue before. After that whati thought was due to rain the sound must have come. But Yesterday when i drive again for a 250KM round trip i found the noise is very high whenever i press the brake pedal. braking was fine but the noise is coming. And i visually saw that some oils have leaked and it was in the alloy both RHS and LHS alloys have some oil leaks through brakes. Now some could tell what the problem is. Brake pads where changed during 1Lakh KM service. Help Needed.Thanks.

Re: Scorpio Vlx Mhawk Brake Issue. Need Support

You may need to get the brakes serviced.

Are you sure it was oil that had leaked?Did you check the level of brake oil in the reservoir?

The noise could be due to small stones and mud getting between the brake pads and liners.But the oil leak is a much more severe problem.Get this checked immediately.

To get rid of the sound, pour buckets of water on the wheels or spray water and see if it helps.For the oil issue you need to go to a service station, immediately.

Last edited:
Hello friends.i am new to this forum. This is Balaji from coimbatore. I own a used mahindra Scorpio vlx 2010model.I bought this car @90000 KMs. Here i found many usefull solutions provided in this forum.
Here my quiery is recently i done my 1lakh KM service done in CAI Coimbatore.

After that it was fine and i done 2500KM after 1lakh km Service, But the problem is recenly i drive my car to Guruvayoor Temple in Kerala with my family. It was monsoon in Kerala so it was raining heavily so most of the roads i drove have pothholes and in bad condition it was 350KM round trip. On this drive after doing some 100KMS i found some grrrrrr noise whenever i apply the brake. Inever faced this issue before. After that whati thought was due to rain the sound must have come. But Yesterday when i drive again for a 250KM round trip i found the noise is very high whenever i press the brake pedal. braking was fine but the noise is coming. And i visually saw that some oils have leaked and it was in the alloy both RHS and LHS alloys have some oil leaks through brakes. Now some could tell what the problem is. Brake pads where changed during 1Lakh KM service. Help Needed.Thanks.
Hi there Balaji.

How is the brake behaviour on the pedal when you press and steering behaviour when you brake.
As it was recently replaced the brake dust is normal, with water entering in this case you could have felt that the black oil is smeared on the front alloys. Brake dust with water would have given that impression.
But it's absolutely normal till the brake pads settle.
So avoid high speed driving and sudden braking.
New brake pad has to be broken in moderation, so remove your foot of the accelerator when anticipating of a stop ahead.

And I would highly recommend you to get it rechecked at the service centre.

Ask them for refit of brake pads, if they have not fixed it properly.

Was there any leak from the rear drum brakes?

Thread Starter #4
Hi there Balaji.

How is the brake behaviour on the pedal when you press and steering behaviour when you brake.
As it was recently replaced the brake dust is normal, with water entering in this case you could have felt that the black oil is smeared on the front alloys. Brake dust with water would have given that impression.
But it's absolutely normal till the brake pads settle.
So avoid high speed driving and sudden braking.
New brake pad has to be broken in moderation, so remove your foot of the accelerator when anticipating of a stop ahead.

And I would highly recommend you to get it rechecked at the service centre.

Ask them for refit of brake pads, if they have not fixed it properly.

Was there any leak from the rear drum brakes?
Hie Mukesh Ji
First of all i would like to thank you to provide me this solution.

Now coming to this issue, i did'nt find any strange steering behavior it is normal as it was before,the only thing is the noise from brakes when i press the brake pedal. Yes thats a black oil smeared in both front side alloys. There is no such thing visible in rear wheels, it is fine.
Since tomorrow is Sat day i will take my car to the service station on monday.

Will update with pics tomorrow.
Thanks.
with reg
Balaji.

You may need to get the brakes serviced.

Are you sure it was oil that had leaked?Did you check the level of brake oil in the reservoir?

The noise could be due to small stones and mud getting between the brake pads and liners.But the oil leak is a much more severe problem.Get this checked immediately.

To get rid of the sound, pour buckets of water on the wheels or spray water and see if it helps.For the oil issue you need to go to a service station, immediately.
i am not sure weather it is oil or dust as said by muckesh ji so i will update it with pics tomorrow. I will try tomorrow by pouring water on the wheels and check it.
thanks Bro.
With reg
Balaji

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrey Balaji, no ji.... 2ji much hogayaji.

Hi you can call me mukesh.[:)]

Good to no that no issues in rear drum brakes.

I feel that removal and refit of brake pads is what the service centre may do.

Have a joint test drive with the SA. And let him acknowledge the issue.

Then stay with the vehicle and keep observing.

It's brake dust that has smeared with water.

This will stop when the new brake pad wears out gradually.

For heavens sake don't pour bucket of water on discs, as they may temporarily make the brakes less effective.

If at all to get maximum from brakes in wet condition, one has to brake-release, brake- release the brakes. ( Keeping in mind no vehicles at the rear).

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

For heavens sake don't pour bucket of water on discs, as they may temporarily make the brakes less effective.

If at all to get maximum from brakes, one has to brake-release, brake- release the brakes. ( Keeping in mind no vehicles at the rear).
hie Mukesh

Sure i will take the car to service station. Will get it checked by the SA.
As u said by poring water on the brakes it make less effective , i agree but it is when i have driven the car for some distance and as soon as i park i shouldn't pour water on brakes right? coz the brakes are hot and if the water is poured due to the heat it may get weak but how come by pouring water when the car is stationay for hours say max24hrs after driving.

Pouring water on the discs won't make them less effective, what do you think happens in the rains?
Forget the rains, what happens when you give it for pressure washing?

4x4 verhicles go to OTR's where they do water wading and most part of the vehicle is under water for this.

I am just asking you to pour water so that any lose particulates that are logged between the contact surfaces can be washed away.

balajislb:You are right, you should not pour water on the brake discs after a long journey,especially one that required a lot of braking because the discs are hot and this can cause them to warp.Let them cool naturally.

You can pour water on them when the vehicle has been stationary overnight or after it has been stationary for several hours.

Thread Starter #8

If at all to get maximum from brakes in wet condition, one has to brake-release, brake- release the brakes. ( Keeping in mind no vehicles at the rear).

hie Mukesh
today morning i went to my parking area to take pics of the alloys where the oil has smeared but unfortunately today early morning my driver have wiped that area with a dry cloth since he thought that it is a dirt. But some how i took the pics of both RHS and LHS front alloys can see something like what i mentioned of FRHS. I will just post the pics below.

Attachments

Top Bottom