Difference Between Rolen and Diamond Chain Set Quality?

Thread Starter #1
I want to change my chain set , Rolen and Diamond chain sets are available in market , Rolen for 460 rs and Diamond 20 rs cheaper. But I want to know which one is better. At present I am using Diamond as stock from Hero Honda .
Bike is glamour Fi , I am going for Super Splender chain set for long gear ratio {1 less teeth in rear sprocket } , mechanic told me Super Splendor chain set direct fit in glamour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aman praji, is it Rolen or Rolon?

Anyways, a 20 rupee difference won't buy you a sea difference in quality, or would it? Go for the OEM Diamond chain set. Replace the front and rear sprockets with new ones too. How many kilometres has your motorcycle done that you are having to replace the chain/sprocket?

1 less tooth in the rear sprocket would give you higher top speed. But where would you find a place in Ludhiana to max out a little 125cc four stroke engine to derive pleasure out of such modification on a regular basis?

Anyways, take you call and keep us posted.

Regards,
Sam

Thread Starter #3
Aman praji, is it Rolen or Rolon?

Anyways, a 20 rupee difference won't buy you a sea difference in quality, or would it? Go for the OEM Diamond chain set. Replace the front and rear sprockets with new ones too. How many kilometres has your motorcycle done that you are having to replace the chain/sprocket?

1 less tooth in the rear sprocket would give you higher top speed. But where would you find a place in Ludhiana to max out a little 125cc four stroke engine to derive pleasure out of such modification on a regular basis?

Anyways, take you call and keep us posted.

Regards,
Sam
Sorry its Rolon ,
I choose the Rolon {whole set with sprockets } over Diamond for a change , and changed the brake shoes too. Actually I am a villager , near Ludhiana , and rode it for 3 - 4 trips of about 150-200 kms every month , so I liked a little long gear to cruse at 70 - 80 easily. Odometer is on 38500.

I apologize for my posting mistakes , Thank you for being so patient with me.

I don't have experience with Rolon, but using Diamond for a decade atleast. For all our vehicles the replacement chain & sprocket will be a Diamond and it never let us down.

Sorry its Rolon ,
I choose the Rolon {whole set with sprockets } over Diamond for a change , and changed the brake shoes too. Actually I am a villager , near Ludhiana , and rode it for 3 - 4 trips of about 150-200 kms every month , so I liked a little long gear to cruse at 70 - 80 easily. Odometer is on 38500.

I apologize for my posting mistakes , Thank you for being so patient with me.
What about going one tooth less on the rear sprocket? Did you do that?

Thread Starter #6
What about going one tooth less on the rear sprocket? Did you do that?
Yes , I changed with Super Splendor set , direct fit. One teeth decreased in back spcrocket , no difference in pick up , mileage increased a little bit.
One thing more , I changed my petrol pump , from IOC to Essar , mileage increased 10 %.

Top Bottom