Burning Smell From Engine of Mahindra Bolero

Thread Starter #1
Hey,
My Uncle owns a Mahindra Bolero ZLX since May 2013. What he has noticed is that the vehicle emits a burn smell when in cities or in places where there is more use of the clutch. He enquired about this at the Mahindra Service Centre & what they said was for these kind of vehicles you shouldn't use clutch always. Clutch should be used only at emergency situations. [frustration]
This has been occuring since he bought the vehicle.

Any idea on what might be the cause? Heard anyone having the same problem?

Re: Bolero burn smell from engine

Is it a new Bolero or a used one? Anyways, a burning smell inside the cabin is a sure indicator of a ruined clutch. Ask your uncle to get the clutch opened up and checked. How many kilometres has this Bolero covered? The Bolero has a pretty robust clutch and its highly unlikely that a May 2013 vehicle would consume its clutch within such a short time; though a lot depends on how the vehicle has been used.

Does you uncle has a habit of riding the clutch?

Thread Starter #3
Re: Bolero burn smell from engine

Is it a new Bolero or a used one? Anyways, a burning smell inside the cabin is a sure indicator of a ruined clutch. Ask your uncle to get the clutch opened up and checked. How many kilometres has this Bolero covered? The Bolero has a pretty robust clutch and its highly unlikely that a May 2013 vehicle would consume its clutch within such a short time; though a lot depends on how the vehicle has been used.
It was a brand new Bolero. Travelled only less than 10k kms till date.

Does you uncle has a habit of riding the clutch?
I asked him the same, but he said he doesn't do that. Moreover, he never experienced this problem while driving any other car. So, even am confused!

Thread Starter #6
thanks for the reply Sam Dinkar & sumitsinha12. I will suggest him to get it checked once more for local workshop or so!

Top Bottom