Noise From Tata Safari Engine

Thread Starter #1
i have a tata safari 2.2l dicor which has done 60k.the engine now makes a high pitched sound when rpm goes above 4000 the performance is not affected,no vibration.took the car to t.a.s.s but they could'nt make out what it was.

it disappears when engine attains a higher temperature.
the sound is very loud so it is very scary .[confused]

any valuable advice?

Re: Noise from safari engine.

Have you done the 60K service, if yes what all was done? If you haven't ever done a engine/radiator flush then now is the time. Also, when you tank up next time add a bottle of System-D. It has help keep the engine cleaner and smother.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Noise from safari engine.

Have you done the 60K service, if yes what all was done? If you haven't ever done a engine/radiator flush then now is the time. Also, when you tank up next time add a bottle of System-D. It has help keep the engine cleaner and smother.
the service at 60k was done they routinely changed the filters and changed other fluids and was working properly and had t then this noise comes all of a sudden it goes away.engine flush was't recommended because engine oil was changed regularly.

Engine flush is done to remove the carbon deposits that accumulate over time even if oil changes are done at regular intervals. Have a word with TASS to see what they comment.

Thread Starter #5
Engine flush is done to remove the carbon deposits that accumulate over time even if oil changes are done at regular intervals. Have a word with TASS to see what they comment.
the engine flush was done at 50k and they said the next flush should be done at 1 lakh.at 60k service they checked the engine and no defects were detected. when the noise came they again checked it but, no detection of the source.

i am particularly worried because the engine noise is loud and keeps cropping up when the engine has not run for more than 1 hour,after 1 hour it just goes away.

roman, were all the engine bolts torqued properly?

Does the knocking sound disappear completely once the engine is warm and did this problem start after the flushing was done?If yes then the gap between piston and cylinder has increased and now since there is no carbon buffer you hear the knocking sound.

If the knocking continues after the engine is warm it could be a bad con-rod bearing on the crankshaft.This can be fatal to the engine if it breaks.

What grade of oil are you using?I suggest you try a thicker grade of oil that is recommended for your car and see if this problem still persists.

Remember to idle the car for a minute before and after you are done driving.

Thread Starter #7
actually the noise started a week ago it's been 10000km since the flushing.the t.a.s.s has checked it and they could't find a thing wrong with the engine.

the sound disappears after good temperature is attained,it s not a knocking sound but a kind of grunt.the engine is not knocking or anything the drive is still smooth the engine oil is castrol gtx

I went to buy Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R , it was imported from japan ,however it was a drift car with e brakes. when I started it , it made the same knock sound and then after warm up it just vanished

it could be any thing

check this link
What

I heard Di-cor Tata engines have knocking issues.

Check your manual and see if there is anything thicker than 15-w40 that is recommended for use in your car.

For example 20w-40 or 20w50.

Thread Starter #14
i don't have the manual as i am the second owner i think it's the default engine oil given by the t.a.s.s i don't know if such grades can be used for the engine.

Top Bottom