First of all I should thank all of my TAI
friends (especially Jarpickle) for guiding me in upgrading my brakes,With out which this task was almost impossible for me.
Yesterday I went to my mechanic for upgrading my brakes (Thank god he was fit & fine for work)
So he started work Work done was as follows:-
First he removed old brake cylinder & brake lines.
Installed new KBX brake booster & new brake lines.
Connected brake lines to master cylinder & wheel cylinders.
Checked all four wheels,liners,brake shoes & wheel cylinders (Thank god it was OK)
Adjusted hand brake (it was slightly loose)
Installed T joint to intake manifold as shown in the pic.
One end of T joint he connected to Brake Booster & the other to A/C.
There was a small problem in between but we found quick solution to it.
The problem was -- male socket of new KBX booster reservoir lid has two connections.But the female socket on my car (to which the lid wires are connected) has three connections.So he used old cylinder lid.
Friends, is it advisable & safe?Please give me your opinion
----We took a small tea brake---
He filled the brake booster reservoir with brake oil (above maximum mark) & requested me to pump the brake pedal for few minutes.
When I was pumping the pedal(i.e - Pump several times then press full pedal),he bleed the brakes for several time in the following order(LT Rear - Rt Rear - Lt Front - Rt Front).
After bleeding rear brakes,he was going to bleed Rt front (But as advised by Jarpickle sir, I insisted him to bleed Lt Front first then go to Rt Front)Thank you sir for guiding me.
Then he adjusted the brake oil level up to the maximum mark by adding some more oil in booster reservoir.
He installed air filter & evaporator back in place.
Thank god there was approx one finger gap between air filter & brake booster.(I was most worried about the gap issue as it was seen in ss80's car)
He started the engine,kept idelling for some time & checked for leaks from master cylinder,brake lines & four wheels.(There was no leaks). NOW IT WAS TIME FOR TESTING
- We took the car on the road & tested the brakes.Even on crossing 40 to 50 Kms/hr it was effective & instant.(It was not so before fitting break booster).
To my surprice the brake pedal was smoother then before when engine was on & became hard when it was off.
We parked the car on the side of the road & he again took a close look for oil leaks (No leaks).
It took approx 4 to 5 hrs & cost me 5200/. I gave him 200/ extra ( for his good workmanship -- I think so).
once again sorry for delay. I personally feel the money spent on this upgrade is worth & every owner of M800 should do this on their car.
Thanks a lot to Jarpickle for helping me out & giving useful advice and suggestions which helped me a lot.
I am posting few pics of work done.